What's new

League of Goons 2020: Q&A

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If you have any questions regarding this year's League, post in here or PM me and your questions will be answered.

JoshC.

A perhaps silly question (and a sillier one since I've only thought about it after a submission..):

The 'new to you' cred rule: does this include VR overlays? So for example, Crazy Bats at Phantasialand: I had ridden Temple of the Nighthawk, but my trip was the first time I rode Crazy Bats (with VR). Does that count as a new cred? I don't personally count it as another +1, but we live in a world where anything can be counted if you argue hard enough I swear ;)

Equal questions stands for if the cars change (forward to backwards / stand up to floorless / etc) or significant rethemes too I guess...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A perhaps silly question (and a sillier one since I've only thought about it after a submission..):

The 'new to you' cred rule: does this include VR overlays? So for example, Crazy Bats at Phantasialand: I had ridden Temple of the Nighthawk, but my trip was the first time I rode Crazy Bats (with VR). Does that count as a new cred? I don't personally count it as another +1, but we live in a world where anything can be counted if you argue hard enough I swear ;)

Equal questions stands for if the cars change (forward to backwards / stand up to floorless / etc) or significant rethemes too I guess...
If I was to apply my cred-counting logic, then all of the examples you gave are not new creds. If a retheme (or new trains, backwards trains, VR, rename, etc) would not count as a new cred "in your coaster count" then it shouldn't be counted as such. Things like Hulk and/or Colossos would count though. At least, that's how it would work in my system.

I think if I spot one of these that's obviously dubious, I'll challenge the member on it, but I'm not going to keep track of everyone's counts (not to mention it's only worth one point anyway).

I think usual LoG coverall statement applies - use your best judgement and don't try to fiddle the system. :)

Hyde

I Lied About My Age!
Staff member
Social Media Team
@Hixee so just, give bonus points during next month if anyone actually manages to find a roller coaster open? :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
@Hixee so just, give bonus points during next month if anyone actually manages to find a roller coaster open? :p
Only if solo points are claimed for every coaster. Gotta keep up that social distancing!

JoshC.

It's good to see that in a year of sports being postponed and some leagues being made Null and Void, the League of Goons is business as usual!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's good to see that in a year of sports being postponed and some leagues being made Null and Void, the League of Goons is business as usual!
As I say, the League has been awarding solo points for years. We were advocating social distancing BEFORE it was cool. ;)

It'll actually prove to be an interesting case study. I've been doing the League since 2017 and each year the results and patterns are very similar. It'll be interesting to see the effect of all this lack of travelling (and I wonder if there might be a late surge as we all try to cram our trips in in the last few months of the year - hopefully!).

Thekingin64

With Alton Towers opening the gardens only as of Saturday with no rides or buildings open, could the " one attraction needs to be experienced" rule be relaxed a little? (i.e. purely getting visit points). Just have to specify it was a visit on a Gardens Only day with rules back to normal once parks open fully.

Just a thought since we're a bit limited on options currently. Likely won't end up visiting Towers anyway but am tempted, never actually explored the gardens before.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think yes, given the current situation I will allow points to be claimed for a trip to Alton Towers to visit the gardens. You would only be eligible for visit points.

If there are any other parks doing something like this, please let me know. This will be a case-by-case basis for now. :)

JoshC.

I have a picky question!

I visited this place today. It's a free-to-enter, pay-per-attraction outdoor complex. I did the Alpine Coaster (which also had an ORP!).

It's not a conventional theme park, but it's a place that has a cred. Can I claim park visit points?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean, I wasn't expecting an RCDB link - yes you can have that. :)

There have been plenty of these types of places claimed over the years.