What's new

League of Goons 2019: Results!

TilenB

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope, no permission to see the page here. On a similar note, are 2014 and 2015 editions of LoG still saved somewhere or have those been lost when we moved to the new forums (I believe that was in late 2016).
All of the old tournaments are still there, but must not be visible to "normal" users. I'll see if I can fiddle with the settings.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Q4 results

End of a decade, end of an era. Q4 has, as expected, been a smaller quarter for point submissions. Few people with some late surges though, so great news there!

We've had 26 members sign up so far. Of those 26 members, 15 of you have logged points in the fourth quarter. You've scored a total of 8134 points, visited a total of 93 parks and ridden 635 coasters. Wow!

Without further ado, here's the table, as it stands at the close of Q4:

Congratulations to @Fi, @Hixee and @Coasterfreck for their podium positions this quarter. This quarter was a runaway for Fi, excellent work!

I'll skip the annual points summary in this post, and do an annual post shortly.

Here's a world map, with all of the parks visited in Q4 shown. I've got two different types of map here. One normal with all the parks visited plotted once. The second one is a heat-map, with each visit to each park plotted, and the heat-map applied accordingly (density based).

Watch this space for the final results!

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well, there we have it! The points have all been tallied up, so I can finally do the 2019 results post!

I'll start with some stats.

Total sign-ups: 26 (Down 2 from last year.)
Total participants: 23 (Still 3 people who signed up and didn't submit a single point!)
Total points logged: 59239 (Almost a 6% rise from last year.)
Total coasters ridden: 4702
Total parks visited: 706

I've got a few other interesting stats and things to share, but I'll save those for after the main results.

There we have it! @HeartlineCoaster, @iac17 and @Fi coming in first, second and third respectively. First and second place are separated by only 12 points! That's two front row coaster rides! Crazy! Excellent work by everyone this year, it's been very high scoring!

For completeness, here's a summary of all the results this year:

Okay, now some more numbers and pictures.

I also had a couple of graphs that I had running throughout the year, which provide a nice visualisation of the points collected each quarter and the overall distribution of the total scores.

I've also done a bit of number crunching now all of the final results are in, and can report the following tidbits of information:

Most points in a single submission: @Coasterfreck with his trip to Thorpe Park on 7th October 2019 (371 points).

Least points in a single submission: @Thekingin64 had two 23 point submissions, the first of which was 1st January 2019!

Highest number of parks visited: @gavin wins this one, not surprisingly, having visited 83 parks!

Highest number of different parks visited: It's @gavin again! He visited an incredible 75 different parks this year!

Most visited parks - a three way tie:
Alton Towers - 22 visits, 3.11% of the total
Six Flags Great America - 22 visits, 3.11% of the total
Thorpe Park - 22 visits, 3.11% of the total

Most miles covered: @gavin wins this one, amassing 400,790 km!
(Yes, this is a bit of a janky number as it's spokes from his home location, but pretty fair to agree it's an awful lot of distance!)

Finally, here's a world map with all of the parks visited in 2019 shown. Impressive to see quite how many places have been visited.

Thanks to everyone who took part this year, and made it a competitive (but fun) tournament!

If you have any ideas for stats or visualisations you'd like to see in 2020, please get in touch and I'll see what I can do!

See you in the 2020 League!

Last edited:

gavin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Erm, did you see those last submissions I posted yesterday? Not seeing the usual points added to the posts, and the parks aren't shown on those maps.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah balls. Fixed now. Adding impressively to your totals, but not quite enough to give you any more wins! :p

Thekingin64

Least points in a single submission: @Thekingin64 had two 23 point submissions, the first of which was 1st January 2019!
Good old Cardiff Winter Wonderland for that! Purposely went on New Years Day, just to claim I was briefly top of this league! Unlike the past 2 years, unlikely to have a big Q3 trip but will be heading to the US in May which will likely be my big trip this year.

witchfinder

Well done to the winners and thanks to @Hixee for seamlessly running things again. Not a fantastic year for me in terms of scoring but it is cool to think that all those dots in Canada on the map were thanks to me :)

Hyde

I Lied About My Age!
Staff member
Social Media Team
Catching up on this - always very fun, especially seeing where the community gets to! Here's to breaking into the third quartile of the group in 2020! :p