What's new

La Récré de 3 Curés | Vertika | Custom Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter

Matt N

CF Legend
Very interesting to see that this is a Euro-Fighter and not an Infinity Coaster! I honestly thought the custom Euro-Fighter was all but done for as a model after seeing how the Infinity Coaster has evolved; for example, a ride like Monster at Adventureland has custom Euro-Fighter written all over it to me based on its layout and car style, but it's an Infinity Coaster. I do wonder what actually distinguishes the two models from one another nowadays...

peep

CF Legend
That looks like a really fab little coaster! I was looking at the park after the first teasers and this seems like a really big deal for them, hope it works in their favour.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
From Coaster Bot Discord:-

Screenshot_20191216_132255.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I mean it was pretty clear it was a Eurofighter and not an Infinity. That's on you
Because there aren't any Eurofighters with lap-bars? Most Eurofighters made within the last few years have lap-bars. The only reason why Shellraiser has OTSRs is because there isn't enough room under the train to fit the launch magnets, lift hill mechanisms and hydraulic cylinders for the restraints.

Matt N

CF Legend
Exciting news! I’m interested to see how this rides in comparison to some of Gerstlauer’s other Euro-Fighters, as it’s been quite a few years since a custom Euro-Fighter was built (I think it was Abyss in 2013, correct me if I’m wrong, and even that was a near-clone of Saw?), and Gerstlauer’s track work has certainly come on leaps and bounds since then!

I’m not sure whether we had this debate earlier on in the thread, but I wonder what reasons the park had for choosing a custom Euro-Fighter over an Infinity Coaster, as I was under the impression that the Infinity Coaster was basically intended as the spiritual successor to the custom Euro-Fighter? Does the custom Euro-Fighter offer something that the Infinity doesn’t, or is it cheaper? Or is it something else entirely?