What's new

La Récré de 3 Curés | Vertika | Custom Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Take this as you will, but Coasterfriends seem to think a Mack X-Treme spinner is going to the not very well known French park by the name of La Récré De Trois Curés in 2020:-
http://instagr.am/p/BnjjfnaFx09/ Take this as you will, but if it is true then I think it will be a great addition to the park, and will go along nicely with their Soquet family coaster. RCDB also has a similarly stated coaster for the park on their site:-

https://rcdb.com/5402.htm

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Should be a great investment for the park! Will this be the IAAPA layout or a custom layout, I wonder?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good find ATI! What a strange little park to order one of these. Goes to show how well they must be priced to allow small parks like this to buy from a top tier manfuacturer. Hope this works out.

Mind, it's bloody miles from anywhere! :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Should be a great investment for the park! Will this be the IAAPA layout or a custom layout, I wonder?
I would imagine it to be the standard layout.

I never even heard of this park before now, so of it is true, it will definitely put the park on the map.

Lofty

CF Legend
The park is primarily a camp sight and has a big motocross circuit on-site, so I'm guessing a lot of funding has come from those areas as opposed to fully funded from the park itself - especially considering they get less than a quarter of a million visitors per year. Compare that to say Nigloland (still a small park with a medium-sized Mack coaster) which has nearly x3 the amount of guests.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
BUMP:-

It's a probably a Gerst Infinity:-

More info on 16th August (National Roller Coaster Day).
That track in the image is exactly like Time Traveller’s track, and nothing like Smiler’s track...

The diagonal cross pieces alternate direction on a gerst inf, whereas on Time Traveller they stay the same as in that image....

The supports also look much more like Time Travellers than a gerst.

Wonder how accurate the image is.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That track in the image is exactly like Time Traveller’s track, and nothing like Smiler’s track...

The diagonal cross pieces alternate direction on a gerst inf, whereas on Time Traveller they stay the same as in that image....

The supports also look much more like Time Travellers than a gerst.

Wonder how accurate the image is.
What about Gerst EuroFighters, which this is also rumoured to be? ;)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ok so the coaster has been announced and it will be (not surprisingly) a custom Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter called Vertika!

It will feature two inversions (a vertical loop and a corkscrew), a drop of 27m (88.6ft), a length of 440m (1,443.6ft), a max speed of 80kmph (49.7mph) and an drop angle of 91°.

I like this. I like the colour scheme and choice of elements, although it looks a little small. I hope it will feature lap-bars even though the NL2 animation shows OTSRs. Also, 91° seems too shallow for a Gerst Euro-Fighter, as they typically have drops around 97°in angle. I'm wondering if it's meant to say 97° since it looks considerably steeper in the off-ride shots of the animation than 91°.

Last edited: