What's new

La Mer de Sable (France) to build a Mine Train for 2020

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

La Mer de Sable announced on social media they are building a Mine Train - presumably - for this year.

Although no year is mentioned in this post, the French park made an allusion to the ride in its New Year wishes post. That January 2nd post claimed guests will "roll over gold" ("rouler sur l'or" in French, metaphorically meaning getting conspicuously wealthy).

La Mer de Sable is located a little over an hour north of Paris - not too far away from Parc Astérix.

ThrillsExpress

Roller Poster
*bump*
This thing is up now

Peet

Giga Poster
Looks like it will be very nicely themed once it's done.

Just seen on rcdb it's apparently named Silver Mountain and is relocated from Ratanga Junction:

Take a look at the shoe-themed trains it ran back at Ratanga!
Screenshot_20210319-202158_Samsung Internet.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
Looking great! Should be a nice ride for the park!

On a more random note, is it true that Mer de Sable is operated by Looping Group, the new owners of Drayton Manor, or did I completely make that up?

Zwoopaman

Roller Poster
Looking great! Should be a nice ride for the park!

On a more random note, is it true that Mer de Sable is operated by Looping Group, the new owners of Drayton Manor, or did I completely make that up?

If you are to believe Wikipedia they're owned by CDA. Which is quite funny because it's only a 20 minutes drive from Parc Astérix.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
MINETRAIN is an EIT Raw Materials-funded European research project. The goal of MINETRAIN is to create a high-level training program for mining industry experts. This education is unique in that it gives students a holistic view of the entire mining lifetime. It's a fantastic project in my opinion, moreover for Europe, where the train is a popular transport.
Huh. What a strange case of spam. Gotta ban the account eventually, but yay or nay on keeping the post?