What's new

Kumali's second train?

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Does anyone have any idea about what has happened to Kumali's second train? The last time I visited Flamingo Land, there was just bits of it lying around on the floor next to the station.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Most likely they are doing a complete disassembly as part of the yearly maintenance of the ride. Every coaster train is taken apart and every piece is checked once every 120 days of operation (roughly one season).

Martyn B

CF Legend
In 2009 it was in bits, though the wheel bogies where still on the transfer track.

Seems strang to keep it for spares, considering they would have paid a lot for it in the first place.

marc

CF Legend
A pic from 3 years ago that I took.

8935_281150290178_520050178_8924493_5929858_n.jpg

8935_281150305178_520050178_8924494_6363972_n.jpg

T0M

Hyper Poster
They obviously took it apart and forgot how to put it back together again :lol:

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
It kind of makes sense that they might be using it for spares (from a cost point of view), however it also doesn't make sense. I mean, Vekoma are still an active company, so it's not like parts are hard to come by... I don't know, maybe they just didn't like it any more... :roll:

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
It was used for spares.

Only ever operated under two trains for around three/four days during a whole three year period.

Epic waste of money TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colossus

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Colossus The Power of 10 said:
I saw it in early June and i was in pieces then.

I know them running one is upsetting, but, that's a bit far isn't it?

Haha I saw it all broken up and that was it, my bottom lip went, i was inconsolable for days ;)

IT was in pieces :D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They only run it on one train so you can enjoy the amazin' station music a little longer.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It kind of makes sense that they might be using it for spares (from a cost point of view)

But like I said above, they would have paid a lot extra to have 2 new trains, so its not really saving them any money...

Ben

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
It kind of makes sense that they might be using it for spares (from a cost point of view)

But like I said above, they would have paid a lot extra to have 2 new trains, so its not really saving them any money...

Um, yeah it is... The parts aren't free you know. So, this way, they've "already paid", haven't they?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ben said:
Martyn B said:

Um, yeah it is... The parts aren't free you know. So, this way, they've "already paid", haven't they?
Um, no it's not. They have the parts, but they're losing a whole train. They're losing a whole train just for spares. How many spares can they need?!

Martyn B said:

Unless (and I'm literally just making this up) something went so wrong with the train that they might as well just have bought a new one. Then they decided to just use one train and salvage all the rest of the parts from the broken train.

No idea what sort of problem could leave them in a situation like that though...

Ben

CF Legend
Because they NEVER used a second train, so what's the POINT in having it sitting there doing nothing?

This REALLY isn't that uncommon at all, Alton did it with one of Oblivion's trains.