Crappest helix?

• Kumali

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T3h Biggun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Inspite of TB1's crappy slow motion helix, Kumali wins (loses) this one because IMO, it doesn't even have a real helix. It isn't over 360 degreess!

Jake

Strata Poster
Bicko said:
one train would wait there while one was going round and another one was being loaded. It may seem pointless now because they never use three trains, but there is a reason for it!

I doubt it was designed to wait on the MCBR. That is stacking, the worst case of it actually... name one coaster that always, without fail, stops at the MCBR and waits?

Its there incase the train at the end of the course somehow fails to complete the circut, then when the next train comes to the MCBR, it will E-Stop the train there, preventing a collission.

Under no circumstances should it be normal for a train to wait on a MCBR.

kir

Hyper Poster
^ Vampire does when it's running 3 trains.

That MCBR isn't needed on PMBO, IMO. It kills any speed that could make that already crap helix less crap.

Jake

Strata Poster
kir said:
^ Vampire does when it's running 3 trains.

Vampire doesn't have an MCBR - it has a second lift hill. Lift hill stacking happens, even though it shouldn't. But thats down to bad opping, not how the ride was designed.

Bicko was saying that it would be normal and routine for a train to wait on the MCBR, which it obviously isn't/wouldn't.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Well, before i had ridden either, i would of said PMBO. Just on pure speed, height, views, just everything about it was more appealing to me. Whereas Kumali was 'just another headbanger'. However, when i rode Kumali, i was open minded about it, but after the amazing first drop and loop, its boring, dull, and rough. The transition between the loop and the cobra roll is rough, the cobra roll is boring, the zero-g/inline twist felt sluggish and the last helix was just their to add to the ride length. I was extremely let down with the overall ride, and i would not go out of my way to re-ride it.

So, even though i have yet to experience it, PMBO wins it for me

Or, you could just ignore the entire rant about Kumali, and consider my opinion null and void until i can fairly comment :p

A

Anonymous

The Big One's helix is just a bit pants, the lapbars dig into your legs and the side of the car digs you in the ribs if your on the inside, Kumali's aint exactly magnificent either but its not uncomfortable.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Jake said:
I doubt it was designed to wait on the MCBR. That is stacking, the worst case of it actually... name one coaster that always, without fail, stops at the MCBR and waits?

Its there incase the train at the end of the course somehow fails to complete the circut, then when the next train comes to the MCBR, it will E-Stop the train there, preventing a collission.

Erm...how I explained it is how I think it was operated.

Bicko was saying that it would be normal and routine for a train to wait on the MCBR, which it obviously isn't/wouldn't.

You have got the wrong end of the stick. I explained it to how I am sure PMBO used to run when running on three trains, I wasnt stating it is routine for every coaster with a MCBR to do so.

Dont take it as a victory if I am wrong Jake, although you probably will do.

Jake

Strata Poster
Bicko said:
Jake said:

Erm...how I explained it is how I think it was operated.

You have got the wrong end of the stick. I explained it to how I am sure PMBO used to run when running on three trains, I wasnt stating it is routine for every coaster with a MCBR to do so.

Dont take it as a victory if I am wrong Jake, although you probably will do.

So... you "thought" that was how it operated?

Irrelevant, you were still wrong.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
^So how did they run it on three trains then Jake? Explain it considering you seem to know everything about it.

Jake

Strata Poster
If they ran it correctly:

One should be in the station loading, one should be in the first part of the circut, and one should be in the second part of the circut. Thats what a MCBR is for, so two trains can be on the track at once.

Unlike your theory, where one would WAIT at the MCBR...

A

Anonymous

Give Kumali until next season and it'll look super, I still think although its helix ain't anything special either its still a lot better than the one on PMBO.