What's new

Knotts Berry Farm | Coast Rider | Mack Wild Mouse

Wildmouse695

Roller Poster
They have room for a Hyper or Giga. Sources have confirmed that they will be putting one in but not until 2015/2016...
Just because you cannot layout the entire thing, does not mean it won't fit.
Parks and manufacturers can easily design a coaster that can fit in, or over, tight spaces. Look at Tatsu, just down the road at SFMM!

EDIT: if it is anything like the Dark Knight wild mouse at SFGA, which is also Mack Rides, it will be pretty tame.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't think there's a single person on earth who wouldn't want a giga at Knott's. Even though we have had nothing but a few rumor lines on Screamscape since 2011 about a 340 ft. giga... MAN! Do I want one! :lol:

Knott's largest problem is its cramped footprint. Knott's three last roller coasters (Pony Express, Sierra Sidewinder, and Silver Bullet) have all been crammed in between and on top of previous attractions. Even Windseeker is finagled near Montezooma's Revenge. Parking space doesn't offer expansion room as it is separated from the park by an eight lane highway.

IF Knott's could work out a way with the state/city of Anaheim to build over the highway, that would give room for a large-footprint roller coaster. They have already built Ghostrider over road, but it is only a minor 2-lane street.

At any rate, as fun as that speculation is, it is off topic!

My guttural response is to reject the entire new addition of flats and Coast Rider, especially considering we already have Camp Snoopy with a similar genre Mack spinning coaster (And let's not forget Fiesta Village!). Of course, I hate all flat rides, and see them only as space waste that could otherwise be used by a roller coaster.

However, it is important to recognize the importance that flat rides offer in ride variety. And dare I say it - I actually quite enjoy the new look of the Boardwalk expansion, especially maintaining the left over Perilous Plunge pool to offer a good water element for the area. To say Knott's is cramped is an understatement. And who knows; maybe this more open-air approach might turn out alright. (I am also uber jealous of the flyer flat ride... Cedar Point and Kings Island, pay attention)

So hey, I'd rather Knott's build an alright expansion than a crappy attraction coughPerilousPlungecough. And as always, maintain hope for that next, BIG roller coaster.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Xpress said:
Couple of things:

1. You have 11 posts. As a website newcomer, your sarcasm was not detected, due to lack of a previous profile to go off of.

2. Where, precisely, would they fit a Leviathon or Gatekeeper?
What about when you are on YouTube, and someone makes a sarcastic comment, would you not be able to ever detect it due to there being millions of people on there who you don't know the profiles of?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Sarcasm is easy to lose when we operate only via text, as it is a human characteristic best expressed through active voice/facial expression.

Seeing as we have no audio or visual - it's no surprise that we can lose/misinterpret sarcastic comments!

Let's not worry about it, and instead focus on how Coast Rider will clearly be the best new roller coaster of 2013.

Ha. Sarcasm.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Gazza said:
Xpress said:
Couple of things:

1. You have 11 posts. As a website newcomer, your sarcasm was not detected, due to lack of a previous profile to go off of.

2. Where, precisely, would they fit a Leviathon or Gatekeeper?
What about when you are on YouTube, and someone makes a sarcastic comment, would you not be able to ever detect it due to there being millions of people on there who you don't know the profiles of?

I am a very literal person, incase you have yet to notice. Unless it's blatantly sarcastic ("Perilous Plunge is the best roller coaster on planet earth!" "I am the King of England!" "CoasterForce is the worst website ever!" etc. etc.), I can't detect it. Has to be black or white.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Well what do you know, it's a Technic Coaster. Yay!

4721dek8pfi3satoglk500.jpg

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I don't even care if this is open in three weeks when I'm in LA. If either the Log Flume or the mine train are closed, Knott's is dead to me.

XYZ

Roller Poster
Here are a few pictures from the opening day of the new Boardwalk rides last Saturday:

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Looks... Erm...Dull and mousey...

When does the giga coaster open? :p

marc

CF Legend
Is that silver bullet in a better colour and theming? If so that's so much better.

Are the pictures from knotts as some of them rides are not there.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ It's their Boomerang that's had a repaint not Silver Bullet? They've also added a selection of kiddy flat rides to the area, not just this coaster :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Knotts Berry Farm | Coast Rider | Mack Wild Mouse

Ya Boomerang got painted to look like vomit. Looks nice, too bad it adds no value to anything.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Lofty said:
^ It's their Boomerang that's had a repaint not Silver Bullet? They've also added a selection of kiddy flat rides to the area, not just this coaster :)

Correct, I kinda like Boomerangs new colors, but then again I like the color Green anyways.

Quite frankly I'd rather see that area of the park being used as such over the pile of crap Perilous Plunge.

XYZ

Roller Poster
I think the new/renovated portion of the Boardwalk looks very good. Sure, none of the new rides are amazing or thrilling, though the atmosphere looks very nice. My only complaint is the lack of shade. Also, the new Boardwalk rides attract a lot more children to the Boardwalk than before.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Every addition seems to go to the Boardwalk area. The last real addition not to that area was Silver Bullet. Yeah you have Pony Express and Sierra Sidewinder, but both are so small they hardly impact a thing.

Xpress

Strata Poster
XYZ said:
I think the new/renovated portion of the Boardwalk looks very good. Sure, none of the new rides are amazing or thrilling, though the atmosphere looks very nice. My only complaint is the lack of shade. Also, the new Boardwalk rides attract a lot more children to the Boardwalk than before.

Part of the charm of KBF, it's a family oriented park, not necessarily an extreme park.