What's new

Knightmare is now scrap metal, y'all can stop wondering

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I have a Blockbuster membership card and a McDonald's Gift Card with $0.34 on it. But with the recent value drop of the pound, I'm not sure if the conversion would be enough...

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Dave

CF Legend
They'd probably wait until the coaster is beyond salvagable (i.e. when they can't sell it anymore) and then put the train on some random field next to the park...

Tilen called it, not the hardest of guesses though!

Don't see the attraction in buying this though for the park? Is it just to have a large coaster in their park for show?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Something I always wondered about this coaster is where the hell are the antirollbacks on the lift hill located? You can hear them but you cant see them!

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I've just learnt the company doing the refurb is the same one that shipped it from Japan and assembled it at Camelot originally. (But you probably knew that Lofty) So they should know how to put it together, I'm just amazed it's actually happening.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
So, when will we see Knightmare open in 2018, Would be cool opening alongside Icon, SW8 and that S&S concept at Dayton Manor.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Should be able to spot it from the first hill of Icon over the Ribble estuary as well, you could see Traumatizer from the top of Avalanche back in the day.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Is it me or does £800K sound aweflly cheap for a Schwazkopf, I mean most 2nd hand ones go for about at least £1mill, which infers to me that the ride is in a state and will need a big refurb, Eg, New track where it has rusted away, New Brakes and a new lift hill chain, which would certainly put the budget over £1mill. Not to mention a repaint...

Lofty

CF Legend
Is it me or does £800K sound aweflly cheap for a Schwazkopf, I mean most 2nd hand ones go for about at least £1mill, which infers to me that the ride is in a state and will need a big refurb, Eg, New track where it has rusted away, New Brakes and a new lift hill chain, which would certainly put the budget over £1mill. Not to mention a repaint...
A few years ago, Pleasurewood Hills were offered it for 750,000 and didn't get it.

rob666

Hyper Poster
The ride is in a terrible state, saw it close up last year on a naughty stroll from Charnock Richard services on the M6.
Apparently the company in Thornton doing the refit is the same company that set it up for Camelot...
I must say that some of the footings for the "external" first drops are the worst I have ever seen...Oil drum sunk into the ground, filled with cement, with crooked bolts sticking out of the top! Real quality.

And ATI...you are wrong about still being able to spot Traumatizer from the Avalanche...The ride I presume you are talking about is called Infusion;)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm quite surprised that this isn't generating more of a buzz on here, especially among some of our more <cough> mature members.
Even if the thing is in a bit of a state, just the fact that something is happening should be sending the 'Old Skools' into a bit of a tizz.
I for one am really rather excited by the prospect of a written-off Schwarz' coming back to life, especially on home turf. If it does actually reopen in 2018, could make for a vintage year in the UK coaster calendar.
Perhaps I'm extra excited because I don't have the cred. Funny story; I very nearly 'did a Griswald' trying to get this coaster. Was literally at the point of leaving the house, keys in hand, but decided to check the opening times online, just to be sure. Wait... Whaaaaat? Closed for good?? Was not a happy bunny.
Anyway, back on topic; Yay for Knightmare at Southport :)

rob666

Hyper Poster
With the length of time it has taken them to get their looping coaster (not) running, expect this to open sometime in 2025!
The official line from the park is..."What Knightmare ?"

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I don't see any chance of it opening next year. They're not going to start the groundwork until they know it's in a suitable state to actually construct, surely?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm quite surprised that this isn't generating more of a buzz on here, especially among some of our more <cough> mature members.
Even if the thing is in a bit of a state, just the fact that something is happening should be sending the 'Old Skools' into a bit of a tizz.
I for one am really rather excited by the prospect of a written-off Schwarz' coming back to life, especially on home turf. If it does actually reopen in 2018, could make for a vintage year in the UK coaster calendar.
Perhaps I'm extra excited because I don't have the cred. Funny story; I very nearly 'did a Griswald' trying to get this coaster. Was literally at the point of leaving the house, keys in hand, but decided to check the opening times online, just to be sure. Wait... Whaaaaat? Closed for good?? Was not a happy bunny.
Anyway, back on topic; Yay for Knightmare at Southport :)
It was s**t though.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
It would be typical if they spent money restoring the track only to have it sit in a field for another 2 years.