Which one?

• Kings Island

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings Dominion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snoo

The Legend
I'd have to say Kings Island. Better rides, seems like a better atmosphere, great waterpark... plus the Beast owns.

Thrill Yeti

Roller Poster
Ive been to PKD and i was quite dissapointed. It had rides with high reputation but most of them didnt deliver. Looking at PKI it's probably the better park. Despite generally having less Thrill Rides I think it would prevail when it came to quality.

A

Anonymous

Im going to have to say PKD here. Mainly because other than the Beast PKI just doesn't really impress. PKD has a few rides that are fun (Volcano, Grizzly, Hypersonic, Rebel Yell backwards, and Hurler). Volcano and Hypersonic are both very good, and Grizzly at night is an excellent experience.

Heres a comparison

Volcano Vs. Top Gun

Result: Volcano owns Top Gun

Beast Vs. Grizzly

Result: Beast DESTROYS Grizzly

Rebel Yell Vs. Racer

Result: Rebel Yell is backwards, and is a better ride overall, so it wins

Anaconda Vs. Vortex

Both are Arrows and both aren't impressive, but Anaconda has that tunnel with the water explosions which is kinda cool so Anaconda Wins.

Hurler Vs. Son Of Beast

Cant really compare because I've never been on sonny. Tie.

PKD has the better coasters, and better flats too. The PKI TR:TR sucks from what I hear because the effects are sub par. On the PKD Version, The effects are quite good and its a good ride (other than the pain in the balls)

EDIT: sorry uc forgot that racer ran a side backwards.

Snoo

The Legend
^The effects on TR:TR aren't bad.. infact, probebly the best themed flat ride i've ridden. As you said, besides the pain in the balls, it is quite nice.

And, if you don't mind, name me the flats at PKD, because I have no experience of that park..

A

Anonymous

Drop Zone (305 ft. spinning drop tower, 275 foot drop, said to be longest drop in North America on their website)

Berzerker (inverter ship)

Tomb Raider: Firefall (themed top spin)

If I remember correctly, I think that the Tomb Raider at KI didnt have real fire, or they werent running it the day I was there?

It was in like 04, maybe 05?? Idk my sister was going to college and it was on the way, and she didnt want to ride SOB because we asked some dude how it was and he said that it wasn't worth the hurt. [/offtopic]

The only thrill ride that PKD doesn't have that Kings Island does have is Delirium which is very good.

Well, I would have said Kings Dominion, however it's losing what looks like their greatest coaster, which was a huge drawing point for me to the park. So without that, it hardly has an amazing selection apart from a few things, and there's not really an atomsphere either.

Kings Island, though not having much of any stand out rides or attractions either besides The Beast, at least it has an amazing looking atmosphere.

So yah, Kings Island.

youthink?

Roller Poster
King's Island for me, mostly because of the Beast! My cousin went there and she said it was a really fun park for both kids and adults :D

Snoo

The Legend
LFTL said:
though not having much of any stand out rides or attractions either besides The Beast

Drop Zone? 305ft drop tower that owns any drop ride anywhere?
Delirium? Same as your precious MaXair minus 3ft?
Son of Beast? Tallest and fastest wooden coaster in the world?

Far from nothin of mention besides Beast.

Drop Zone? 305ft drop tower that owns any drop ride anywhere?
Delirium? Same as your precious MaXair minus 3ft?
Son of Beast? Tallest and fastest wooden coaster in the world?

Far from nothin of mention besides Beast.

Well Drop Zone yes definately. I forgot about that one, however I don't really think Son of Beast really stands out as I've heard it's crappy. I'll have to judge it for myself one day, though for now I'm going by other people's reviews. The height and speed thing is just a gimmick and apparantly it sucks otherwise.

Delirium looks just as good as MaXair, though I wouldn't consider either a stand out attraction.

Hardly. Volcano is their best coaster. Hypersonic had an excellent launch, but the rest of the ride HURT. It rattled so much and had such horrible transitions, it just hurt. Painful. Ouch. Not the best ride.

Ah yes, however I think that even though it might be rough, it's still a coaster I look at and go wow. I have to ride it solely to experience the acceleration rate of that launch, and to have it be removed from Kings Dominion kind of makes the park a "meh" fest.

Yes, Volcano does actually look kind of good but mostly because it differs from most other Inverts, really.

You know, Snoo, I don't do this often, but I'm actually going to have to go with Taylor on this one.

I think I may have just had a heart attack after I looked at that.

Taylor actually has a somewhat accurate sense of PKI in this respect. To be honest, NEITHER PKI nor PKD really have any major standout attractions. They each have a bunch of average ones combined with one or two good rides.

Sort of like Cedar Point, in a respect - except at least Cedar Point's height and speed keep you interested for something around a second and a half.

Yah I'd have to agree with that. I mean, you're really right about them being a bunch of average rides clumped together to make one really nice park with a fairly diverse collection of coasters, and there really doesn't seem like there's anything that stands out besides Beast and Drop Zone.

As for it being like Cedar Point, hm. I mean, in my opinion Kings Island has all the atmosphere and average rides, whereas Cedar Point has a bit of atmosphere and to most people, above average rides. Kind of the same, kind of not.

Glad we agree for once UC! This is a day to remember as I doubt it will ever happen again. You agreeing with me over Snoo!!11oen