What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

bentcookie

Mega Poster
Re: Kings Island | "Unknown" | "Unknown"

BBH said:
I like that with the new train design you can actually see in front of you without having to sit in row one.quote]

I was just about ready to say this as well. Once I noticed the change, I was like heck yeah! So much better than the old train design.

gopats1479

Mega Poster

Best invert ever? That waits to be seen. The layout is sure impressive, but the restraints could ruin it. Only time will tell. Certainly looks to be a good, if not great, ride that will complete Kings Island.

steel

Mega Poster

It's interesting that they're calling it the first female-inspired roller coaster in the CF chain. That's a bit sad that it's taken this long.

Also http://rcdb.com/2516.htm?p=9660 I guess that doesn't count.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: RE: Kings Island | "Unknown" | "Unknown"

From Paramount days I guess.

Having not been on a wing rider but multiple flyers, I LOVE the restraints. It allows more freedom, you won't headbang (never a problem anyways) and they look really nice.

I'm not a fan of a few things though. First, no corkscrew, the invert staple. Second, in line twist. I understand this isn't your typical invert layout, but it just seems weird. Other than that, love it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Cedar Fair first true female-themed thrill ride. :wink:

schwabinchen.jpg

While it aint the tallest invert, I'll take it! Very cool layout with a good concept. Look forward to riding this for real.

Video of the announcement is processing right now, photos are on the Facebook and Front Page.

Banshee-Load-Station-11.jpg

Banshee01_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee02_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee03_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee04_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee06_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Banshee_4c.jpg

DSC_9179.jpg

DSC_9180.jpg

DSC_9181.jpg

DSC_9188.jpg

DSC_9201.jpg

DSC_9207.jpg

DSC_9211.jpg

DSC_9216.jpg

jolash

Mega Poster

Also notice that, to my knowledge, this is only the 2nd B&M invert with no pre-drop. Sure, they've done away with this on most of their new rides, but now it looks like it's becoming standard across all of the company's products.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

I love the colours of the track and supports <3 Nice to see another invert without the pre-drop being built, looks like it has quite a cool layout too. But "the first female inspired thrill ride at a Cedar Fair company" - really?! Are the trains going to have tits?

steel

Mega Poster

^crazy fact for you, women are more than walking boobs. I actually think it's really cool that they're thinking about female representation. I never would have even considered that if they hadn't brought it up, but it's true. We have Renegade and Maverick and Montezooma and two different Intimidators and Behemoth and Leviathan, but the only women I can think of are Tomb Raider (which isn't called that anymore) and Lucy's Crabbie Cabbie. It's not abortion legislation, but it's still a really cool thing for Cedar Fair to be thinking about.

I really love how it opens up that area. Flight Deck is still way far away, but it looks so much more inviting with that nice big plaza there. Say what you want about Cedar Fair, they're good at placing their rides.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I think the theme is lame and agree that "first female blah blah..." Is a worse claim to fame than "Psychocoaster".

Layout excites me. Love the drop into immel (or whatever thats called). Restraints worry me.. I feel like, if it ain't broke? What are you doing B&M, and why?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

andrus

Giga Poster

Love the new train design!! It's both a lot better looking than the old one and will (hopefully) provide a less restricted view for passengers on row 2-8 :) It's just a shame it has taken B&M so long to evolve...

I really love the layout too! Nice and original, will be exciting to read reviews next year and see what people think of it!

Tomatron

Giga Poster

Radaxian said:
I love the colours of the track and supports <3 Nice to see another invert without the pre-drop being built, looks like it has quite a cool layout too. But "the first female inspired thrill ride at a Cedar Fair company" - really?! Are the trains going to have tits?

It means the ride will stop working about once a month, and all the warning lights will flash on the control panel in no particular order.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

I am so happy its an invert, but when i heard it will have the wingrider restraints i couldn't have been more :cry:

Ethan

Strata Poster

I actually quite like the look of this now. In terms of layout, not theme. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a good investment.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

I'm not sure I like the inline twist, it's like they designed a wingrider and at the last minute were like "oh lets just make it an invert".

I get the appeal of them on a wingrider, but it just seems weird to have an unheartlined roll on an invert..

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Re: Kings Island | "Banshee" | Moohassive B&M Invert

Hmmm, I'm not sure I like the new trains. I think I'm just being a purist... Great layout though, will be interesting to see how it rides the inline.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Eugh, that inline looks horrid. The rest of the coaster though? Looks brilliant, potentially very forceful :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Radaxian said:
But "the first female inspired thrill ride at a Cedar Fair company" - really?! Are the trains going to have tits?
Then steel said:
^crazy fact for you, women are more than walking boobs.
I think Radaxian knows that because she has her own pair boobs.

I like the colour and I'm a sucker for loops that go around a lift hill/another section of track. It's a very twirly ride, I like the way it swoops and dives just like I imagine a banshee would.

Only thing that looks boring is the vertical loop followed by zero-g. Seems like a lot of B&M Inverts follow that trend.

All in all, it's great to see a new B&M invert being born. It's more exciting than a baby panda, that's for sure.

Casio

Mega Poster

jolash said:
Also notice that, to my knowledge, this is only the 2nd B&M invert with no pre-drop. Sure, they've done away with this on most of their new rides, but now it looks like it's becoming standard across all of the company's products.

U wot m8? Nemesis? Oz'Iris? All of the Batmans? Alpengeist? Afterburn?

steel

Mega Poster

I think Radaxian knows that because she has her own pair boobs.

Doesn't mean anything, lots of people don't know lots of things they should know. :)