What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Looks like track is now on site:

17499070_1313015832114877_5901325441202667030_n.jpg

Shared by Wonder World on Facebook via the RCDB page.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moved this topic to Ride Construction. Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks like the entire first corner has been removed.

uv3vave8nsoy.jpg

Image from Reddit.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Ravensrulz

Roller Poster
Rode hurler the first year it opened. Very boring. Will be neat to see final rmc product on this, but i think doing it to grizzley in the woods would have been cooler.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yessss. This was one of the worst coasters out there, and actually it has a lot of potential for a mean RMC: Compact, lots of turns and elements

Sythe

Mega Poster
This thread is way too inactive and it's making me die inside. Anybody have any updates?

Edit: Okay what the heck? I posted this at the exact moment that somebody posted an update XD (btw the link doesn't work for me)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I mean... it's gonna open in 2018, and this is hardly the same size and scope of project that Mean Streak is. Believe it or not - majority of roller coaster construction and development is rather boring.

Sythe

Mega Poster
I know... But this is the first major coaster coming to any of my home parks since I've been a full on coaster enthusiast, so I'm extremely excited

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just pace yourself. You don't want to burn yourself out like so many did with Maverick's 2 and a half year process lol

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
I'm with you on this @Sythe KD is my home park, but this is gonna be a slow project. I haven't been to any amusement park since 2011. I rarely visit them. It will be a nice addition and I look forward to riding my 1st RMC coaster. Intimidator is definitely the best coaster I've ridden. Last time I was at KD, we split our time riding I305 and Dominator. The launch on Volcano is intense, too bad the rest of the ride sucks. I really wish they would've done an RMC conversion on Rebel Yell. That thing will beat the hell out of you nowadays.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Gravity Group retracked Rebel Yell this year and it's one of the smoothest rides in the park, just saying.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Sooooo... Looks like they're making the lift steeper! I'm guessing it's going to be between 100 and 110 feet tall.
deb85f75b0cb8da9f4a2cacb64b7a83b.jpg

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Interesting.

Btw, do we know whether they'll be changing the name? Promo stuff for Mean Streak already strongly suggests a full name change (and not Wicked/Twisted Streak, etc.), so will it be the same for Hurler?

(I could never help but find a ride named Hurler a bit funny anyway, when hurl is common slang for throwing up.)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Btw, do we know whether they'll be changing the name? Promo stuff for Mean Streak already strongly suggests a full name change (and not Wicked/Twisted Streak, etc.), so will it be the same for Hurler?
I'm inclined to think this will have a new name, to be honest. My guess is that Cedar Fair will go down the path of new/unique names rather than re-works of the old names per most of the Six Flags conversions.

(I could never help but find a ride named Hurler a bit funny anyway, when hurl is common slang for throwing up.)
I always thought that was the point. That, or it hurls you around.