What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Sorry to bump, but this picture recently surfaced:

content

tomahawk

Strata Poster
This is going to be the least anticipated RMC ever, which is ****ing hilarious as it will more than likely be a top ten coaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I can't wait to see this. So excited for another tiny RMC, Storm Chaser was wonderful.

RMC, can you please come to Europe a bit more? ;)

Sythe

Mega Poster
This is going to be the least anticipated RMC ever, which is :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing hilarious as it will more than likely be a top ten coaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Wait how is it the LEAST anticipated? People been waiting for this for YEARS!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I think a good indication is this thread's 2 pages versus Mean Streak's 27. It'll be incredible no dount, but all the other incredible things coming in 2018 will more than likely overshadow this. Kinda like what happened to SFDK's Joker

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
It obviously won't get anywhere near as much attention as CP but so far we have only seen a truck and Mean Streak has loads of track going in, bit different.

Sythe

Mega Poster
It obviously won't get anywhere near as much attention as CP but so far we have only seen a truck and Mean Streak has loads of track going in, bit different.
Hey at least KD will most likely be the first Cedar Fair park with an RMC considering KD opens sooner than CP. That's something at least...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The "hurler" layout is ripe for RMC conversions. The triple out and back has always struck me as an awkward design - meant to be compact but ultimately full of lots of meandering airtime hills and jerky transitions. This creates a lot of unique elements for RMC to play with however, such as Medusa Steel/Storm Chaser inverting first drops.

Sythe

Mega Poster
The "hurler" layout is ripe for RMC conversions. The triple out and back has always struck me as an awkward design - meant to be compact but ultimately full of lots of meandering airtime hills and jerky transitions. This creates a lot of unique elements for RMC to play with however, such as Medusa Steel/Storm Chaser inverting first drops.
Plus it will be the first RMC made from a very low to the ground coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Plus it will be the first RMC made from a very low to the ground coaster.
Does Twisted Twins/Storm Chaster not count?

EDIT: Okay, so Hurler is about 15ft shorter than I thought it was (I was guessing it was around 100ft), which would make this by far the smallest RMC - assuming they don't bulk the lift hill up a bit. Still, we have seen three RMCs in the 100ft and under mark, I suppose.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Does Twisted Twins/Storm Chaster not count?

EDIT: Okay, so Hurler is about 15ft shorter than I thought it was (I was guessing it was around 100ft), which would make this by far the smallest RMC - assuming they don't bulk the lift hill up a bit. Still, we have seen three RMCs in the 100ft and under mark, I suppose.
Twisted Twins had a lot of higher up hills after the drop. Hurler's tallest hill after the first drop is probably only about 20 feet if even that.
And I don't see why they wouldn't make the lift hill at least a little taller. It has some really wide supports so they can easily make it taller.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Twisted Twins had a lot of higher up hills after the drop. Hurler's tallest hill after the first drop is probably only about 20 feet if even that.

Ahh, gotcha. In which case, yes you're right! I wonder how many new hills they will build.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Since Storm Chaser has been my favorite Iron Horse thus far - bring it on!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's strange to see a thread with such a depressing title have so many excited, happy posts in it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
"And on the third day, Alan Schilke resurrected the wooden roller coaster from despair and condemnation, so that all coaster enthusiasts who believed in him may have eternal enjoyment."