What's new

Kiev Respublika | Unknown | Vekoma family coaster

TilenB

Strata Poster
Newly constructed Ukrainian shopping mall Respublika is to receive its very own shopping mall cred.

First indoor roller coaster in Ukraine will be constructed in the most large scale Ukrainian shopping and entertainment center RESPUBLIKA, where investor of the project is Megapoliszhytlobud LLC and developer - K.A.N.Development. It has been announced by Savyak Alexey Viktorovich, Chief Executive Officer of Megapoliszhytlobud LLC.

According to his words, all the manufacturing works for the first such attraction in Ukraine is accomplishing by Vekoma Holland company – one of the biggest roller coaster manufacturers in the world, leader of entertainment industry market. Since its foundation (1926) more than 100 indoor and outdoor projects were realized, among which roller coaster for Disneyland and other leading entertainment worldwide parks. At the moment Vekoma implemented two indoor tracks - in Russia and Japan.

Roller coaster in shopping and entertainment center RESPUBLIKA will become the longest in Eastern Europe. They won’t have “loop-the-loops”, what will allow even the smallest visitors of entertainment complex to receive the brightest emotions. Roller coaster height will reach record rates – 18 meters, track length – 500 meters, and speed of cars movement will attain 60 km/hour. One attraction cycle will bring unforgettable impressions to 20 passengers.

Roller coaster

Exclusiveness to roller coaster in shopping and entertainment center RESPUBLIKA adds the fact that they will be disposed not only on the 3-rd floor, in entertainment park zone. For greater extreme one of the roller coaster loops will be descending to the second floor, and one more will pass over the roof level. Cars will be driving through the translucent dome, specially erected above upper floor of shopping and entertainment center, not only to supply day light into the building, but also in order visitors were able to contemplate amazing scenery of Teremky micro district, which will stretch from the height of more than 30 meters.

“Construction of shopping and entertainment center, which general constructor is K.A.N.Stroy Group, is in dynamic progress. We are working actively now on preparation of the sites for attraction frame constructions installation. At the same time in different parts of the world, particularly in The Netherlands and Slovakia, different roller coaster parts manufacturing works are carried out”, - informs Marketing and Sales Director of K.A.N.Development company, Anna Popruga.

Let us remind, that in the first year-round entertainment park of shopping and entertainment center RESPUBLIKA, all the volunteers will have the possibility to visit the highest (of six storey building) Ferris wheel in the country, 20-meters long Drop & Twist tower, feel the freedom of flight in 12-meters Wind tunnel, and attend more than 30 more exciting attractions.

Attractions of shopping and entertainment center RESPUBLIKA will impress not only extreme enthusiasts, but will present striking emotions to all the adults and children.

Putting into operation of shopping and entertainment center RESPUBLIKA of 298 000 sq.m GBA is scheduled for 2014.

p.jpg

http://respublika.com.ua/en/news/detail.php?ID=279

http://rcdb.com/11613.htm

Stats:
Length: 500m
Height: 18m
Top speed: 60 km/h

Pretty exiting news for the area.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
Re: Custom Vekoma for Respublika

Looks pretty cool, especially as they have some other attractions in there already. The image makes the space seem a bit tight and a coaster would be making lots of noise while taking up some room. I'm sure it'll work out well though.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looking at RCDB, this is only the second custom layout coaster ever in Ukraine, the first since 2008. Interesting fact.

TilenB

Strata Poster
http://rcdb.com/12408.htm

New Maurer Söhne spinner has been added to the park on rcdb. This looks like it could become (by far) the best shopping mall amusement park in Europe.

If it is of anybody's interest, another new mall is opening in Kiev in the near future. As with Respublika, Lavina Mall will also feature a Vekoma coaster - world's first indoor SFC.

http://rcdb.com/11882.htm

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The funny thing is that the entertainment area at the Mall is tiny. I can't see how they are going to fit it in at all.

62216102.png

There's also an SFC going to a Mall Qingdao in China so will be interesting to see who opens first. Lavina Mall is still quite a way off being done and Respublika doesn't seem to have had a whole lot done since the update earlier in this thread. I guess the political situation there isn't helping.

This was taken this month.

dscn1301.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A couple of pics taken in January, It doesn't look like there has been much progress in the past year.
I guess the political situation in the country might be causing some issues

Rep4.jpg

Rep1.jpg

They are at least still working. If a little slowly.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
After 2 years of nothing the whole site is up for sale.. although even that hasn't gone well.

http://biz.liga.net/ekonomika/nedvi...o-prodazhe-trts-respublika-ne-sostoyalsya.htm

Electronic auction for the sale of the shopping and entertainment center of the Republic did not take place today, July 7, 2017, due to the lack of participants. The relevant information is available in the ProZorro system.

The starting price of the lot was almost 2.5 billion UAH. Trades are held according to the scheme of the classic Dutch auction with a gradual decrease in price.

The second auction should be held on July 24, while the cost of the facility will drop to 2.246 billion. By the fourth auction on August 28, the value will fall even lower - to 1.747 billion UAH.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If it keeps this up, we could buy the park for CF.

We probably wouldn't want it, mind.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If it keeps this up, we could buy the park for CF.

We probably wouldn't want it, mind.

If we bought it and made a profit, we would be able to add anything we like! But of course, that won't happen, because why would we want to own a theme park?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Surely those numbers are wrong, £53M for a shell of a shopping center with a relatively cheap cred inside. **** deal.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Surely those numbers are wrong, £53M for a shell of a shopping center with a relatively cheap cred inside. :emoji_poop: deal.
Agreed, but I've just read a shell of a shopping centre in Ljubljana apparently being worth 43m€. And by my reckoning this looks quite a bit bigger and closer to being finished than the Ljubljana counterpart, so I don't believe the numbers being off by much, if anything even.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Based on the latest update from RCDB, I'm going to unstick this thread now. If it ever comes back to life, we can update the thread.

RCDB said:
The opening of Respublika has been delayed several times. The original opening was scheduled for the 4th quarter of 2014. This was postponed until March, 2015. Sometime after this the project was listed as 'frozen' with construction possibly resuming by the summer of 2016. This never occurred and in July, 2017 the attempts were being made to auction off the complex. In June, 2018 the area was still fenced off with foliage taking over.
https://rcdb.com/11612.htm

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Based on the latest update from RCDB, I'm going to unstick this thread now. If it ever comes back to life, we can update the thread.
https://rcdb.com/11612.htm

Should we unstick the Polercoaster thread as well, then? It hasn't been posted in for even longer, and the alleged site of construction appears even more dead.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah. **** it.

If it ever gains any momentum again we can always re-stick it. I like the idea of tidying all these stickied threads up a bit!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Indeed, those two threads have kept bugging me for a while too. At one point this spring, every stickied thread apart from them had a reply within the last month, while the two had had more than a year since their last post. Now, we're back in a similar situation, with only two threads having their most recent post from more than one month ago. But I don't think those will be stuck in limbo forever.

Definitely going to do something about the title of the Ferrari World thread, though. As far as I'm aware, we're only waiting for one coaster there.