What's new

Kentucky Kingdom | Storm Chaser | RMC Conversion

Intricks

Strata Poster
Coming next season will be Kentucky Kingdoms 5th new coaster, Storm Chaser. Standing at 100ft tall, thw ride features a rolling drop like Steel Medusa, a 140° stall, several airtime moments and a corked roll.

It looks hella intriguing, but only looks to be half of a full ride. Is the other twin coming down permanently, or will she rise for the 2017 season?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfT-2PtTqFU[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Storm Chaser - RMC Iron Horse for Kentucky Kingdom

I think the other one will be coming down - in fact, from the looks of it most of it already has.

It does look a bit on the short side (budget I imagine) but what's there looks incredible.

Definitely going back to ride it ASAP <3

Intricks

Strata Poster

Yeah, a friend of mine confirmed to me the other half is coming down.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Here are some overview photos of the ride. I am excited to have an RMC so close!

Storm_Chaser_Map.jpg

Storm-Chaser-Tip-Out-Spiral-End-Poster-jpg.jpg

Storm-Chaser-Side-View-Poster-jpg.jpg

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Who updated the Coasterforce website with this news? A troll or a moron?

'including the addition of the Mack Hyper coaster Lightning Racer'

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Probably a troll ;) Good to see someone actually reads the front page...as I don't!

Looks like a fantastic addition to the Kingdom! And it certainly distinguishes itself from LR, with that perfect combination of Positive and Negative Gs which (some of us, but not me yet :( ) know and love. But then again, what were we expecting? I think it's probably longer than you think - it's only slightly shorter than Outlaw run, and longer than Lightning Run. And of course, this may not be the final layout - so it may get even better!

Hopefully this should properly open up the rest of the park, and if they add a few more flats, then it should start to really take the pressure of the other rides. I'd love to see them do the other side next year - it would be nice if the other side was a slightly tamer version so it offers to truly separate ride experiences.

Apparently operations etc aren't particularly great, but in terms of new additons, Ed Hart really hasn't put a foot wrong so far!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is anybody else touching their private parts right now? That off-axis thing into the 180 looks seriously fierce.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Chris Brown said:
Who updated the Coasterforce website with this news?

Slip of the keystroke on my part, I meant to type Chance Morgan. And yes, silly that it is called a Hyper coaster, as it isn't. But it is indeed called a Hyper coaster - I went ahead and added the GT-X as clarifier.

Kentucky Kingdom is pulling together quite the nice lineup. Especially considering their tallest roller coaster is a Vekoma SLC! :roll:

I believe this will be the shortest of the RMC's at 2,744 ft.? But man, what a packed punch.

Ben

CF Legend
Don't take track length too seriously, it's also slower than Outlaw Run so less stretched out - it has more elements than that ride, Goliath and Iron Rattler and we all know how amazing they are.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Hyde said:
Chris Brown said:
Who updated the Coasterforce website with this news?

Slip of the keystroke on my part, I meant to type Chance Morgan. And yes, silly that it is called a Hyper coaster, as it isn't. But it is indeed called a Hyper coaster - I went ahead and added the GT-X as clarifier.

ahaha I first assumed trolls! It's also lightning run rather than lightning racer.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I can feel the airtime through my screen! <3 If SFGAm falls through this autumn this should be my first RMC and it looks amazing! I love that sharp airtime hill, all the inversions, and just the general twistiness of the ride! Can't wait to get back there next season!

I'll also be there Wednesday to get T3 so I'll nab some pictures while I'm at it.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention how much I don't like the branding of this ride at all. Red? Really? RIGHT next to that red eyesore SLC that I'm riding Wednesday? Pretty unoriginal, I'd like to have see them go with a a bright green-yellow to contrast the gray structural steel or maybe a really light purple to look like lightning. NOT RED. And they have two storm-themed coasters in the same park with Thunder and Lightning, that's great. If they wanted all their coasters to be themed to storms, that'd be amazing. But T3 isn't so it's inconsistent.

However, I LOVE the colors they picked for their trains in the rendering and while I do find the red unoriginal I love the blues on the train, and I bet this will be a beautiful coaster when they're done.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Is anybody else touching their private parts right now? That off-axis thing into the 180 looks seriously fierce.

No - I'm trying to imagine what a corked roll will taste like.... :lol:

Looks pretty damn good - anyone want to pay for my air fare??

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Haha I was wondering the same thing. What the hell's a corked roll? Loving the barrel drop and the trick track section. Ymmm. RMC can just do no wrong.

EthC

Mega Poster
Here is a slightly better NL2 Recreation of the ride. It looks very fab indeed, really need to get my ass in gear and ride a few of these beauties!! :--D :--D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNLSEJLhUTI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]