What's new

Kentucky Kingdom | Lightning Run | Chance Rides Hyper GT-X

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Kentucky Kingdom | Lightning Run | Chance Rides Hyper GT

Those leg restraints look absolutely awful. I'm assuming they have to be pretty forgiving, since it is Kentucky.

I love the look of it, from the trains, colors, pacing. I think this would be a great "big" coaster for kids to enjoy.

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Aren't the restraints like the ones in Outlaw Run? Since Alan Schilke designed both trains and layout I thought they were identical.

therick311

Mega Poster

They appear to be similar to Outlaw Run.

The lap bar portion looks to be nearly identical. However, Outlaw run only has a bar that runs parallel to the lap bar as a leg restraint. This looks like it has full on cuffs for your legs. Also those grab bars do not exist on Outlaw Run.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Yeah but those restraints though.

Fun layout, appears to pack a lot of forces, but we will se with actual riders. An Intamin Megalite contender? Possibly.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

Awesome ride! Looks pretty smooth and the turns look like they pack a punch. Lets see if this ride can pack some airtime like a Mega lite.

Dem restraints though...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Dapalm said:
Since Alan Schilke designed both trains and layout

He did not, Joe Draves is responsible for the layout.

EthC

Mega Poster

I wish all the trains were this colour, so much better then that lurid green/yellow concoction they have going on on the one train!

10369741_542918059152636_6147813793882594673_n.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Oh yeah, that's much nicer. Why did they get a green one?!

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

That train is fabulous! Much better than the olive green one! Is there a third train on this? If there is my money is on it being a bright yellow or maybe even a salmon color.

BBH

Giga Poster

2012Jarrett said:
That train is fabulous! Much better than the olive green one! Is there a third train on this? If there is my money is on it being a bright yellow or maybe even a salmon color.
No, the blocking system won't allow for it. There are four blocks so a max of two trains. (Always want two extra blocks)

Posted while reading your mind.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster

This will hopefully catch on. It would be nothing but great for every park

D1993

Hyper Poster

BBH said:
No, the blocking system won't allow for it. There are four blocks so a max of two trains. (Always want two extra blocks).

Not to be an asshole and try and start an argument or anything, but that's not entirely true.
Yes, Lightning Run and the way it is designed will not allow 3 train operation.
However the rule of having to have 2 extra blocks isn't always the case.
Take Millennium and Magnum for example. Both have 4 blocks, yet still can run 3 trains.
Millennium isn't altogether so efficient (but not too bad), while Magnum is pretty dam great.

Capacity on Lightning Run still could be decent with two trains because of the shorter ride time.
But either way, looks like one hell of a ride.

BBH

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
BBH said:
No, the blocking system won't allow for it. There are four blocks so a max of two trains. (Always want two extra blocks).

Not to be an asshole and try and start an argument or anything, but that's not entirely true.
Yes, Lightning Run and the way it is designed will not allow 3 train operation.
However the rule of having to have 2 extra blocks isn't always the case.
Take Millennium and Magnum for example. Both have 4 blocks, yet still can run 3 trains.
Millennium isn't altogether so efficient (but not too bad), while Magnum is pretty dam great.

Capacity on Lightning Run still could be decent with two trains because of the shorter ride time.
But either way, looks like one hell of a ride.
I never said that running with one extra block is impossible, as rides like El Toro serve as a prime example, but from a capacity and operational standpoint, it's far more convenient to run with two extra blocks.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ You did state in your previous post that you "always" want two extra blocks. However, you are right, it is more a preference for safety than a hard fact of ride operation.

BBH

Giga Poster

^That was my point. However the key word is "want." I never suggested it was required, but if possible two extra blocks are preferable.

D1993

Hyper Poster

I don't think El Toro can even run 3 trains, even if they wanted it to.
Yeah, you are absolutely right most of the time things work better with 5 blocks when you run 3 trains, I was just pointing out that rides like Magnum (which has 4 blocks), has a fantastic capacity.
With Lightning Run, I wouldn't be surprised if the capacity was above 1000 per hour.
REALLY depends on how the ride is operated though.

BBH

Giga Poster

3-block rides like El Toro can only run two trains, you are correct. El Toro's final brake run does not contain any friction assembly on it, so the train cannot be stopped in an emergency, therefore it is not a block

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

D1993 said:
I don't think El Toro can even run 3 trains, even if they wanted it to.
Yeah, you are absolutely right most of the time things work better with 5 blocks when you run 3 trains, I was just pointing out that rides like Magnum (which has 4 blocks), has a fantastic capacity.
With Lightning Run, I wouldn't be surprised if the capacity was above 1000 per hour.
REALLY depends on how the ride is operated though.
Magnum's a good example of wanting more than one block in between trains as well, considering a train slid right through the last brake run on Maverick's opening day back in 2007.