What's new

Kentucky Kingdom | Kentucky Flyer | Gravity Group Family Wooden

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
To be honest the park has vastly improved the ride since they reopened. The new train and extensive retracking has made the ride smoother and faster...but it still isn't forceful or good by any stretch.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Well I can't imagine what it was like before the retrack because when I rode it when the retrack was still pretty new, it rode like ****.

Hurler at Carowinds was honestly smoother.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'm in the 'Thunder Run is crap' camp. I'm sure this little fella will be much better, though they really have stuck it in a crap bit of the park away from all the other rides if I've got my bearings right frmm the photos.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Well I can't imagine what it was like before the retrack because when I rode it when the retrack was still pretty new, it rode like :emoji_poop:.

Hurler at Carowinds was honestly smoother.
Was? Are you implying it's the next CF wooden coaster to get the RMC treatment? :p

Hutch

Strata Poster
Was? Are you implying it's the next CF wooden coaster to get the RMC treatment? :p
"Was" as in that's how it was when I rode it a year ago. I never suggested it was a smooth ride in itself though, and not suggesting it's gotten worse, but just that it's smoother than Thunder Run.

But yes, they should 100% RMC that puppy. Put in a Twisted Timbers clone. It's bound to happen.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I mean...

giphy.gif

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
POV!
I really like how Gravity Group have been recently using drive tyres on their woodies. Really speeds up the train through the station, increasing capacity.

I have always wondered how Gravity Group's switch-tracks work. They don't appear to make much sense to me.

Last edited:

Dar

Hyper Poster
I have always wondered how Gravity Group's switch-tracks work. They don't appear to make much sense to me.

Looks like it rotates round and then the train gets backed out of the station over it. Probably why they put drive tyres in the station :p