What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

davidm

Strata Poster

Link is to blooloop article ; https://blooloop.com/theme-park/news/london-resort-dinosaur-land/

"Dinosaur Land" - hmmm.

london-resort-base-camp-dinosaur-land.jpg

emoo

Hyper Poster
This generic rip-off 'sounds' better than the official licensed versions.

I'm fine with a lack of IP, but usually that means they have an original concept.

emoo

Hyper Poster
A release of info is underway including:

Bucking the trend of tall coasters (We already know about the height restriction but I guess the UK is full to the brim with those already).

One of the fastest coasters in Europe - 70mph+. This is the multi launch that has over 1km of track. I should hope so too, perhaps a bit longer?? Slower double launched coasters are twice as long.

A dinosaur aquarium restaurant (could this actually open before Space 220?)

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I still don't get the hate, it seems there is way too much invested in this now for it to not go ahead. It's attracting as much serious opposition as HS2 which also suggests it's a serious project now, and the fact this is very likely a Vekoma Launched Flyer suggests that actual manufacturers have been contracted to do some design work.

Edit: also, the fact it doesn't break the treeline makes it look like a realistic UK prospect.

On a non-argumentative positive note, if this IS a Vekoma Launched Flyer, my rides on FLY last year are leading me to think this could be a UK Top 5 Coaster.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
I still don't get the hate, it seems there is way too much invested in this now for it to not go ahead. It's attracting as much serious opposition as HS2 which also suggests it's a serious project now, and the fact this is very likely a Vekoma Launched Flyer suggests that actual manufacturers have been contracted to do some design work.

Edit: also, the fact it doesn't break the treeline makes it look like a realistic UK prospect.

On a non-argumentative positive note, if this IS a Vekoma Launched Flyer, my rides on FLY last year are leading me to think this could be a UK Top 5 Coaster.

It also means that the project is far more separated from the other Paramount Park projects (based on the Kunming ride list) and the previously announced lands were placeholders (The Woods, The Isles, etc).

Is it possible both the family coaster and the flying multi launch are intended to be Vekoma as part of a multi-coaster deal?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
First of all, do we even know Vekoma is involved, or is it just a generic design for marketing purposes that happens to look like Vekoma?

At any rate, I'm waiting for actual construction before I get my hopes up.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hey please don't call us Disneyland says the park whilst simultaneously dropping in a "Britain's Disneyland" 🤔
In fairness, they are just repeating the headline Daily Mail chose to put on the article ... although it probably was approved by the group in the first place.
I'm kind of expecting something along the lines of Rollin' Thunder or a more thrilling version of Rum Runner with this.
Fixed that for you.