What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

rob666

Hyper Poster
Nope.
The Guardian reported the threat to local wildlife...the fences are to keep the great unwashed of the environmentalists out.
Far easier to keep them out than to evict, they just got their (de)fence in first.
Still not a cat in hells chance of this happening, in my humble opinion.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I think it was always going ahead, but like every other British Megaproject (HS2 and Crossrail being the prime examples) it has faced a ludicrous amount of opposition and has to jump far more hurdles than a similar project abroad.

Peet

Giga Poster
I hate to throw fuel on the "this is never going to happen" fire here, but they seem to be begging for investment, for the hotels at least, in a very "Magic Land" (that one in Bosnia & Herzegovina) kind of way:

For what it's worth, I'm not in the "Never going to happen" camp, more in the "this is very interesting, let's see where it goes" camp, but this video doesn't fill me with optimism! However, remember this is just for one of the hotels; not the theme park.

Edit: I especially like the 1 comment:
1604601791200.png

davidm

Strata Poster
We can't say goodbye to 2020 without a final bit of EXCITING NEWS FROM THE LONDON RESORT now could we?

--

And have we seen those images in that article before? Like this one;

London-Resort_the-kindgom-castle-themed-land-coaster.jpg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Whilst I’m still one of those with at least some cautious optimism... I actually did not expect planning to go in for this in 2020.

Have they actually ever got to the stage of submitting full planning before? I know they got to the consultation stage before.

Matt N

CF Legend
Whilst I’m still one of those with at least some cautious optimism... I actually did not expect planning to go in for this in 2020.

Have they actually ever got to the stage of submitting full planning before? I know they got to the consultation stage before.
As far as I’m aware, this is the first time they’ve ever submitted a DCO application, so it’s definitely a new step for the project!

Matt N

CF Legend
Someone with better eyesight than me needs to help spot every new ride within the new photos lol
It’s good news for the credit counters, as it looks like there will be quite a few coasters!

One of the rides I saw was some sort of wooden-supported ride in the top left corner, so that would suggest that some kind of wooden/hybrid coaster is planned.

There’s also something that looks bizarrely like a Chance Toboggan within the Woods area... I don’t see it being a Chance Toboggan, however; maybe something like the Zamperla Nineinverted or the Zamperla Volare?

Interestingly, there seems to be a French flag covering the entrance pavilion to one of the two gates; maybe the second gate will be themed around French cinema and TV?
Is... is that purple coaster themed to water towers?
Based on the Paramount park in Kunming and the rides planned for that, I’d imagine it’ll be something along the lines of Backlot Stunt Coaster at the Cedar Fair parks.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I think we may be reading a little (a lot) too much into the concept art.

Will be worth keeping an eye on this page for when the documents pop up (site says within 28 days of submission approval). Will likely do a bit of a dive into anything I can comprehend when it lands in here.I reckon there will be far more accurate plans in the documents they've submitted which will help us derive info about each attraction.

Theoretically. Of course. Assuming this ever actually happens.

Last edited: