What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

Lofty

CF Legend
Literally what @davidm wrote, it'll be a leisure scheme of some kind - which is absolutely fine? But please drop this 'world leading theme park resort' thing.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
That means that you have the thread watched.....

Which I don't because well... I don't :rolleyes: , so I have a watch button showing, which I won't be clicking.

I want a button to ignore/hide the thread, is there one of those?

There's a button saying "Unwatch" at the top of the page; press that and you won't get notifications!
I don't get notifications, it's just that the thread shows as unread when someone posts in it and this offends me.

Matt N

CF Legend
I have some fresh positivity for you all regarding this project; 2 days ago, this rather interesting Blooloop article was released interviewing PY Gerbeau, the director behind the park: https://blooloop.com/features/py-gerbeau-london-resort-plans/

Some of the more interesting points mentioned include:
  • 70% of the attractions will be undercover, which will allow year-round operation.
  • They want to file for planning permission in the first quarter of 2021, with opening still forecast for 2024.
  • Gerbeau would like a second theme park in the resort by 2029.
Exciting stuff; my optimism for the project has increased now we have actual specifics regarding park lineup and things!

My optimism has also increased because I feel as though the project seems to have gained momentum again as of late after somewhat of a lull; I've certainly seen a lot more updates lately! Specifics are also a good sign that things are going well, and PY Gerbeau is not exactly short of experience in building theme parks of this scale!

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
I have some fresh positivity for you all regarding this project; 2 days ago, this rather interesting Blooloop article was released interviewing PY Gerbeau, the director behind the park: https://blooloop.com/features/py-gerbeau-london-resort-plans/

Some of the more interesting points mentioned include:
  • 70% of the attractions will be undercover, which will allow year-round operation.
  • They want to file for planning permission in the first quarter of 2021, with opening still forecast for 2024.
  • Gerbeau would like a second theme park in the resort by 2029.
Exciting stuff; my optimism for the project has increased now we have actual specifics regarding park lineup and things!

My optimism has also increased because I feel as though the project seems to have gained momentum again as of late after somewhat of a lull; I've certainly seen a lot more updates lately! Specifics are also a good sign that things are going well, and PY Gerbeau is not exactly short of experience in building theme parks of this scale!

This parks been talked about for 12 years, you would have thought more progress would have been made by now if something was going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a resort of this size two hours from my house. But until construction actually starts I wont be getting my hopes up, I can't see this happening anytime soon. I'd say its more likely that Brighton Pier gets a hyper than this project ending up the way its currently planned.