What's new

Kennywood Announces New Fright Nights!

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, I wonder what those could be? I take it they wouldn’t be anything too major, or else we’d probably know about it by now… unless this is a longer term major change just being announced very early?

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Ooh, I wonder what those could be? I take it they wouldn’t be anything too major, or else we’d probably know about it by now… unless this is a longer term major change just being announced very early?
RMC IT. Heard it here first folks!

Rupert

Mega Poster
Surely they wouldn’t change the track layout? It’s fantastic as it is. I presume something cheaper than that anyway - new trains, or one car backwards?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
new trains, or one car backwards?

Honestly I did think maybe something with a backwards car/train as well and joking I thought, maybe they'll add that tunnel and double up before the second drop like the original promo for PR had, haha

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
this is PR. Maybe a haunt or a new paint job? I'm supposed to be there saturday so whatever they announce tomorrow maybe i can get more info.

solarfall

Mega Poster
I honestly think re-painting to the OG colors would be cool. Their souvenir cups had vintage Steel Phantom artwork on it, so it's a possibility.

Other than that, the only change I'd hope for is maybe replacing the straight track after the first drop with a mini airtime hill like SteVe? I think the ride is damn near perfect and I wouldn't want any other huge changes.

Rupert

Mega Poster
Well I massively over-predicted! Blaming @Pear for pointing me down the changes to Phantom’s Revenge path 😅

It’s indeed their new halloween event: https://www.kennywood.com/things-to-do/phantom-fall-fest

Play All Day, Fright All Night​

Kennywood’s Halloween event is even more fun in ’21! The new Phantom Fall Fest lets you do Halloween your way depending on the time of day. Come early for family-friendly fun, including festive food and a unique Kennywood autumn atmosphere. PLUS enjoy your favorite coasters and rides during the day! Then, when the sun goes down, the Phantom takes screams to the extreme with five haunted houses and four scare zones. We’re making Halloween memories all day and all night at Kennywood

A bit more info on the above website.

solarfall

Mega Poster
@Rupert beat me to it.

I think this is a cool change! I always thought PFN hours were too short to do everything you'd want to do, so this seems like a better approach.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
So this happened.

Screamscape said...
Park News - (9/7/21) Kennywood has caught wind that we’ve found the paint test for Phantom’s Revenge and has now confirmed that the coaster will get repainted for the 2022 season, keeping the black support color. However the track itself will be painted either the new Teal or Purple color. The park is now asking guests to vote for their favorite color between now and the end of Sept. 8th.
So what would you rather see? Petrifying Purple and Terrifying Teal?