What's new

Just another Phantasialand TR...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Won't lie, I'm mostly writing this up for the League of Goons points and to share some of better photos I took with my new phone with more people, especially since most people here know the park / have written reports themselves recently...

Visited Phannyland this Friday and Saturday gone, going to their winter event for the first time. Like most people, I fell in love with the park when I first visited, back in 2015, and ticking off their winter event is something I've wanted to do for ages now.

Was lucky enough to be able to do all things of note in the dark during the 2 days. Taron in the dark is just fab; obviously having all day to warm up helps anyways, but just WOW. Black Mamba in the dark was great too, and it makes the snakey second half a lot more interesting. Wellenflug was beautiful with all the lights in the plaza area. And Chiapas was great too, and I bloody adore Chiapas anyways.

DTczCQ9XkAApVrE.jpg

DTczFW6X0AAuYZN.jpg

DTXUysGXkAIiiv3.jpg

Wasn't too sure how busy to expect the park to be given it was the last weekend of the event, but it wasn't bad at all to be honest. Taron aside, everything was below 20 minutes (though Maus apparently went to 45 during the Saturday!). Taron was running 4 trains too, which is something I didn't see / hear much of happening last year, and it wasn't stacking too long, so that was a nice bonus. Never had to queue more than 5 minutes for the early-closing Chiapas which was brilliant, even if my hands turned to ice after 5 rides...

DTXVAeuWAAAZ1dK.jpg

Saw a couple of their Christmas shows, which weren't really my thing, and it felt like some of the performers were running on empty and kind of wanted to it to all be over if I'm honest - bit of a shame really. However, their night shows were fantastic - Tiempo de Fuego was a part projection mapping, part fire show by Chiapas' main drop which was beautiful - the projection mapping was some of the best I've seen, and the fire show was just incredible (and fortunately warmed my hands back up!). Their end of day show / fireworks were good too, though I can't help but feel taking up half the main plaza with an ice skating rink and having that as the main viewing area for the fireworks wasn't the greatest of ideas, since everyone was very cramped.

So yeah, to keep it brief - I love Phantasia, was nice to finally do their winter event and I can't wait to go back again soon and get more Chiapas and Taron fun times. And I'll leave you with this toasty dragon...

DTXU-y4W4AEm-dC.jpg

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I love how everyone's decided to go to the winter event this year. Haha.

Agree that the placement of the end of day show could have been better. Ramming everyone onto those steps is a nightmare. Also agree that the fire effects on Chiapas were stupendous.