What's new

Joyland closure announced, park to be liquidated

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Joyland Amusement Park in Lubbock, Texas will be auctioned off if no buyers found by Oct 1st according to the Dean family, the current owners. Here is the full statement from the park, released on their Facebook page:

I haven't visited the park in years when @Ian and I went on our Texas trip, but it's the closest park to the National Roller Coaster Museum and a nice day add-on when visiting Wonderland Amusement Park in Amarillo. All they have is a Galaxi and a couple of kiddie credz, but still sad to see the owners give up after just celebrating their 50th anniversary season.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I still have the gnome the owner gave me!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The new owners of Joyland Amusement Park are planning to keep the park operational for the coming years. The park is expected to reopen for its 51st season in early March under the new ownership.
The new owners are two local business owners, Jim and Kai Evans and Darryl and Stephanie Holland.
“We are so excited that the Evans and Holland families will continue to make Joyland a family-friendly amusement park for years to come,” David Dean said in a statement.
“We are excited about continuing the legacy of Joyland and are thankful to have the Dean’s help to guide us through our first season,” Kai Evans said.
Our combined experience in preserving and promoting legacy businesses in Lubbock is key to this effort to save a landmark that stretches back to its original opening in 1948,” Darryl Holland said.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster