What's new

Jer goes to 100 (Waldameer, Seabreeze, and Cedar Point) P:TR

Jer

Strata Poster
So today started my trip for 2013, a short trip to Cedar Point, Waldameer and Seabreeze, this trip is important to me because I will be finally reaching my 100th cred, and I will be counting up from my current count of 82 until #100 and beyond.

To be fair it really started at 9am with a torturous 5 hour drive from New Jersey all the way up to Rochester, NY, Literally the worst drive of my life, really only because I was alone, nothing but me, my car, my GPS, and my dubstep.

However, after 5hrs I arrived at my first stop at Youngster Joeys house, after meeting his parents and getting acquainted with the house we headed out for our first stop of the day, Sea Breeze.

0l28Zht.jpg

8zCmg4O.jpg

The day in the park didnt start with a cred, more of an obligation, I promised Joey I would take a ride on the parks log flume. Now, I hate water rides and this being one of the steeped flume drops in the world made me a bit nervous, it was fun, yet I wouldn't do it again though.

25HvgDU.jpg

Next was #83: Bobselds, This ride was weird, in a good way, an in house half wood, half steel, wild...mouse...thing. It was old, it want very big, but it was a lot of fun and unique. We rode this 3 times.

8HwKaWf.jpg

jMS17Rz.jpg

xrkMSx1.jpg

VuXyE2H.jpg

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobseld time!

YRQxxKt.jpg

3o3Ekc4.jpg

After Bobselds I rode my first ever Disc-O, which I enjoyed very much. and then it was on to #84: Jackrabbit, I really did not know what to expect from this to be honest, it's a good looking classic woodie, and the oldest continuously operating one at that, still it was a good fun ride too, it has some decent pops of airtime here and there and overall it was just a fun ride, we rode this 4 times.

3mvYQt6.jpg

0a839sf.jpg

kVtq2Ii.jpg

DtFQVF1.jpg

Then it was on to #85: Whirlwind, this was my first Maurer Sohne spinning coaster, truth be told I did not know what to expect, I enjoyed the Gerstlauer one last year, this was so much better though, amazing amounts of fun, and I really loved it, even if it is a standard model, This was my favorite coaster in the park

QBIJ9lQ.jpg

FIaK9sI.jpg

C2fcma3.jpg

Once we got most of the creds we got some food, and headed for some re-rides. We decided to ride the flying scooters where Joey accidentally snapped the wires and scared the **** out of himself. The park started to empty out so we decided to try for the kiddie credit Bear Trax for #86. The op was very nice and saw that the park was empty and allowed up on for the cred. It was a standard Miler coaster, nothing I havent ridden before.

After the kiddie cred we decided to pack up and head home for the day, tomorrow is Waldameer for Ravine Flyer II. I loved Seabreeze, it was a small park, very small park. None of the rides are really amazing but they are all just a lot of fun, the park was amazingly family friendly, very clean, and it felt very safe. I would definitely go again.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Re: Jer goes to 100 (Waldameer, Seabreeze, and Cedar Point)

Awesome report so far Jer I love how you put the number along with the coaster when you start to talk about it, very good idea. Very enjoyable to read can't wait for Waldameer and Cedar Point.

Snoo

The Legend

Cedar Point will be full of nudity.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Are you gonna be at Waldameer tomorrow? Cause my friends just sprung a possible surprise trip there on me (which Im not complainin about :3).

Anywho, nice trip report so far. Ive been interested in Seabreeze since I figured out my trip up to Wonderland (which ive just pushed to October, but may go September if I have the time).

Jer

Strata Poster

So today at the start of day 2, we were heading to Snoo's for our stop before Cedar Point. Thankfully Waldameer was pretty much an exact midway point between Joey's and Snoo's so we figured it would be worth a stop. Well we prepared for a long drive, it would be 3 hours to Waldy. So we were all packed and ready to go.

T3ByT3b.jpg

iVOqN2t.jpg

Breakfast consisted of one dry everything bagel.

I should add, it was very hard to get pictures of the ride in this park, layouts, trees, etc.

vo6EgyW.jpg

We go to the park around 12pm for opening, and since #87 Comet was right next to the ticket booth, we did that first. I found it to be a great fun ride, good for kid, but if it was a little bit faster it would have some truely great airtime.

q2teXED.jpg

7sieMkm.jpg

iI5HpXC.jpg

After Comet we found out nothing at all was open, Steel Dragon did not open until 1, we could not find, Ravie Flyer 3, so we went to the Ravine Flyer II, which didn't open until 1 as well, but since the wait for the Que itself to open was opening in 20mins, so we waited for the Que to open, and boy was it worth the wait, for #88, Ravine flyer II. The first ride was in the front, and it immediately jumped to my top 10, this ride was hyped a lot, but it deserved all the hype there way, it was just fantastic.

cw0mB4z.jpg

NVZXfdV.jpg

VdWSgVD.jpg

OiJxFB8.jpg

Shamelessly #89 was Ravine Flyer III, when I say shameless, I mean shameless. I was asked by a little girl if I was riding, and I just answered why not.

RjJWPhB.jpg

pw77KXW.jpg

Finally was #90 Steel Dragon, I don't understand how this clone of Whirlwind, could spin less, and be worse. It wasn't a terrible coaster, but it wasn't as good or fun as Whirlwind.

uxHHGc8.jpg

Kitphh1.jpg

fsUQHPj.jpg

So after that, We grabbed the rear seat ride on RFII, and then just decided to head out due to money constraints, we just packed up and headed for Snoos. Overall, except for RFII, I was not very impressed with Waldameer, it was a little dirty, it has a pretty poor layout, the clientele were mostly hardcore rednecks, and I just was not very nice park.

aiDyGM5.jpg

dUAqaDY.jpg

The ride to Snoos was long, but now that were are here, im really excited for Cedar Point, and my #100 tomorrow.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster

If you think 5 hours is long I've done 15 hours from Biloxi to Cleveland without stopping.

Snoo

The Legend

And we drove 20 hours from Galveston TX to Columbus two months ago.. overnight.. and we drove. ;)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

I've driven across europe before - mind you that was in a computer game!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Can't believe you went to Waldy without getting on Xscream. :? I'm sure Snoo will let you know what you missed.

Jer

Strata Poster

I really refuse to do drop towers, I hate the feeling of free falling, and the last one I rode was at Six Flags America. Joey didn't do it because he was poor and wanted to save money for CP

I took a lot of photos at CP, and I have a lot of driving to do today, so I'll get the last bit of this TR done Tuesday at one point.

I did reach my 100 too, it was not Maverick like I expected, it was Gatekeeper, which I'm not disappointed about.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Every time I drive to or from school for breaks, it's anywhere between eight and ten hours one way. Imagine doing that eight times a year.

Love the report so far, dude. Glad you got to have some fun before the fun ;)

Jer

Strata Poster

We all woke up for the last park at 8 and got ready for the 2hr drive from Marcus's to Cedar Point. We made our way to CP and then waited at a Breakers express for Marc and Joe, once they arrived we all crammed into Joeys car and made our way into the back entrance of the park. I trusted the vets of the park to show Joey and myself around the park in the most efficent way possible.

L12vX1k.jpg

VYWuofr.jpg

So the first ride and #91 Magnum. Now no one really talks about Magnum, so I had zero expectations about the ride, and it was a walk on thanks to it being only a few minutes past opening, we grabbed our first ride in the back and I loved it, easily one of my favorite hypers, which was only cemented when everyone told Joey and I to ride in the ejector seat, I found out why that seat was amazing. I did love this one very much.

Do5wboT.jpg

QiqfGwp.jpg

After both rides on magnum, the guys let Joey and I go grab the kiddie cred and #92 Woodstock Express. This was my first Vekoma junior coaster, and it wasnt as lame as I expected it to be, I mean nothing record breaking, but it was still some fun

HYv8Q8B.jpg

QyyuSUQ.jpg

After the kiddie cred, we skipped our way over the Gemini for #93/106. Now when we were first there the ride was only running the red side, but right before we left we grabbed the blue side. Gemini is another ride no one really talks about, it was nothing to really write home about either. It was a bit of fun though, but more so when they were racing. I know Joey really enjoyed it.

Vu5nkFY.jpg

pLiRoyn.jpg

E2rY9fr.jpg

yIsV8tu.jpg

#94 was Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Let me clear this up, I havent been on many minetrain coasters, and this was really only the third and To Be Fair.....it was the best minetrain I have ridden.

4wtEu3j.jpg

sXuXaZb.jpg

rUcoCU3.jpg

So here it is the dreaded mean streak, rolling into #95, this as been hyped as the worst ride....well....ever. It was bad, but according to Marc it was running very well that day, it wasnt insanely painful, but it wasnt anything amazing. Yes it hurt sometimes, yes it had those stupid trims on the drop running. But there isnt much else can I say about this one. It was....there.

XVNhvfw.jpg

lQn4MeM.jpg

Yeb9QsR.jpg

Our longest wait of the day was next, but oh man was it worth it, #96 Maverick, I have been looking forward to this one for a while now. The wait was about an hour, but it wasnt too bad, it did move fairly quickly. I immediately went for the back row, and everyone else went for the front, so I rode alone, and I wasnt even mad about that. Every single aspect of this ride, was better than I expected, the airtime, the speed, the forces, literally everything. I absolutely loved it, and my only regret, was we only got to ride it once.

TiMd9mI.jpg

BvhJdti.jpg

H34rIlj.jpg

jdzjKvK.jpg

zDB6Nql.jpg

QzlNssd.jpg

Sexy Beasts

H2Ilwvj.jpg

Some more sexy beasts

After Maverick we were all pretty hungry, and Joey really wanted Panda Express, so we walked through the parks only shade to get some lunch. It was Panda Express, nothing to write home about, funny thing though, i've never see one of these places outside of a theme park. But they are pretty much in every park.

Lunch was over and got in the Q for Millennium Force, or #97. I was terrified of this thing, it was my first Giga, and I did not know what to expect. We all rode in the front, which I guess, made it better. It was okay, it was a lot of fun, but nothing amazing, I feel like there was a lot of wasted potential in this ride, still it found it's way into my top 10 at #9

Z9YdEpQ.jpg

1en0fvf.jpg

1Q6g5VY.jpg

Let me clear something up, I love B&Ms and i've only ridden on one that could actually be called crap. Well, until now, with #98 Mantis. I have been on 3 other stand ups, without problems, there is one at my home park, that doesnt cause me any problems, so why was this one so bad? it was rough, it hurt my crotch, my back, my knees, and my head. It could easily be the worst B&M i've ridden.

ISXoI5u.jpg

kh9rZfU.jpg

36t0XRs.jpg

zRkGw1F.jpg

9ZETjyP.jpg

Our plan originally was to go to Iron Dragon and then Gatekeeper, but Marcus and Marc noticed the Q for #99 TTD was pretty short so we rode that one next. Joey and I definitely wanted to ride in the front, but everyone else wasnt willing to wait for the front, so they grabbed all some rides in the back, While we waited. It took a while, given the break down (still dont know what it was, but i've seen it happen to Ka many, many times) We finally made it on, and I can say it was much better than Ka, the lap bars made the difference, it was drastic, and I loved TTD.

3IOaXRl.jpg

Now it's time, I finally did it, my #100, and what a milestone it was, new for 2013, Gatekeeper. Shockingly the wait was almost non-existant, we waited 15min top for this one, and I wasnt complaining. I grabbed a left side seat first with Joe and we set off my not only my 100th cred, but my first wing coaster. Well, I dont understand all the hatred for this one, I loved it, yes it was very shakey, but thats not the track, thats because of that trains. It was nothing unbearable and it was nothing that was detracted from how awesome this ride was.

N2S9TiN.jpg

Pii5ZxY.jpg

6w1XjfR.jpg

57zWKBV.jpg

By this point we were all extremely tired. Even with a lot of creds down, we still had 6 more to go. So we decided to forget re-rides tonight, get them all, and then scram. So we did #101 Wicked Twister next, I've ridden an impulse before, Joey hadn't. I enjoyed it very much, I thought the lack of holding brake just made it better than Voodoo, but it was a lot rougher.

ips2KaJ.jpg

kDOpphO.jpg

#102 was Raptor, I don't have much to say about this one, It was, an Invert. It had a pretty standard layout, nothing great, but it wasn't horrible either. We took first available row, and I liked it, but I wouldn't say it was better than Great Bear or Talon.

qCOX4zo.jpg

ll1QcOv.jpg

#103 was Blue Streak, I heard it was supposed to be good, but Joe and I made the mistake of riding on the wheel, couple that with the shifting of the trains, it was a little unnerving, and rough. If we hadnt ridden on the wheel this one could have been much better.

G3yHYe3.jpg

UBdfKOY.jpg

#104 was another first for me, first Arrow Suspended coaster, all that can be said for Iron Dragon, was ehhhh. It could have done so much more, it was funish, but it was just slow, and it didnt swing enough.

fpMJtoQ.jpg

Finally #105 was Corkscrew, which was just terrible, whos ever idea that airtime hill was, should be shot. The loop was painful, but atleast the corkscrews were smooth....ish.

NmGjOmr.jpg

We left the park around 7pm and we were all starving, so we dropped Marc and Joe off at their car and the 5 of us went in search of some food. We found a Ruby Tuesday in Sandusky and all sat down for a "nice" meal. By nice I mean, we probably scarred that waitress and came close to being kicked out of the restaurant, between Joes creepy, Joeys cursing, and Marcus threatening to stab everyone, I would say that went well. Although there was no one seated around us by the time we left.

Overall Cedar Point was a nice park, a lot of the rides lived up to their reputations, others were surprisingly good, but the rest were just forgettable crap. I liked the park, I wish I had more shade other than that one corner near Maverick, but the layout atleast made sense, and while it was big, it didnt feel very big, like Gadv.

This whole weekend was a blast, and I enjoyed every minute of it, I would love to go back to CP, or atleast back to that part of the country soon and get some more parks.

Snoo

The Legend

There was plenty. You didn't go to Ruby Tuesday. ;)