What's new

Islands of adventure

herbinator

Mega Poster
Is Islands of adventure in america a good park? If it is can it take up a day as it doesn't look like it has thay many rides?
Are there any better parks to go to in florida if you could only go to 1?
Thanks.

Snoo

The Legend
IoA is a great park, well themed, and can provide quite a days worth experience. Plus the fact Universal is right next door is always a plus.

If you are looking to ride some coasters, Busch Gardens Tampa is just down the road, featuring probably the best in Florida.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Islands of Adventure is the best florida themepark by miles. You can get that done in a Day, you might even be able to fit both the studios and the islands in 1 day as I did that on the final day of my holiday although it was abit of a rush. But i would recommend Islands of adventure, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens tampa (Although SnooSnoo mentioned its just down the road, its about a 1 and a half hour drive from kissimmee to tampa so bare that in mind) and i would also recommend sea world and Disneys hollywood studios.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Never been, but I think you should make a fresh topic for every coaster/ride there, just to be on the safe side, as I'm sure opinions here will drastically affect your travel plans.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
They're both fantastic parks.
IoA is smaller with better theming, but you can easily spend a day there without getting bored, especially if you go to Universal Studios Florida next door.
BGA is a bit larger and has more (and probably overall better) coasters and rides. It's also very well-themed, and about half the park is basically a huge safari park and zoo.

From a coaster stand point, I'd recommend BGA, but either way, you can't lose.

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
I prefer it to Universal Studio's by far. You should definately do it if you're in Orlando. I don't know how you can say it doesn't have many rides though.

I can't really compare it to Busch Gardens, only went like 5 or 6 years ago before I got into coasters.

But you should definately go to Islands of Adventure. It depends when you're going, but you might be there after the harry potter land opens?

A

Anonymous

It's a great park but It depends on what day you go. I went with my friends on an empty day and we rode everything in the park at least 4 times by the evening.

A

Anonymous

i would go to IoA anyday hulk and dueling dragons are rides u cant miss i prefferd dueling more than hulk but thats just my opinion and universal is there to tthats has the mummy which is a not to miss indoor ride

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
You dont go to Florida and NOT go to IoA.
Its amazing, seriously. I prefer it to the studios because, well.. 1 word. Spiderman.
But yeah, Studios is still amazing.