What's new

Is Tibidabo really that bad?

Casio

Mega Poster
I visited Barcelona last week and managed to convince my not-so-coaster-keen friends to come with me to Tibidabo (I pulled the old Trojan Horse; I went in big with PortAventura before 'settling' on the smaller, cheaper, closer Tibidabo), mainly so I could get on Muntanya Russa.

In short, the park was absolutely dire, I'll summarize but I've posted a trip report on my site: http://www.themeparkvoice.com/tibidabo-300813.html It's expensive, customer service was terrible, the layout is terrible, there are no signposts, there are barely any rides and the guests were absolutely gross.

I went in knowing that the only major ride was Muntanya Russa, and that it wasn't exactly going to be thrilling, but still I was massively disappointed, and yet I had only heard good things about the park. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or was it just an off day for me and the park?

Lofty

CF Legend
To be blatantly honest; no, there isn't much at the park and much to do, BUT I had an amazing time when I went. The staff were all friendly and great and it was just a really nice fun day. I can see what you mean about signposts etc. It is a bit of a maze, but there are SOME signage around the place.

Casio

Mega Poster
Fair enough, I guess part of it was my friends not really being enthusiasts, so they were never really going to have a great time. Also waiting around for half an hour just for customer services to tell me I couldn't video, despite emailing beforehand like they asked, pissed me off no end.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I loved the park back in 2007. My second favorite Spain park after PortAventura.

Loved the Bucket-of-Death ride, Talaia and the plane on a stick ride too. Their topspin was run very well as was the wave swinger. I spent almost a few day at the park and still wanted more.

Casio

Mega Poster
I didn't try the Wave-Swinger as it had a massive queue, but being able to make a day out of it before Muntanya Russa was there is impressive.