What's new

is there anyone else so obsessed with coasters

CMonster

Giga Poster
Nobody was surprised, Tay. :wink:

One good thing about majoring in fields like mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering is that, if you can't get into a roller coaster manufacturing company, you can find jobs fairly easily, as they're large fields.

andrus

Giga Poster
^And you get a fairly good salary!

But does really companies like Intamin and B&M do so much of the design work? The parks first decide what type of ride they want, eg launch, top hat, a lot of speedy turns and maybe a couple of inversions. Then in most cases Stengel Engineering do the actual design layout and in the end it's only the (boring) calculations and manufacturing phase left for Intamin and B&M. Or am I wrong?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
alexAVFC96 said:
I have already got really good ideas for roller coasters. I have thought them through so much and i'm shore they will work. Overall I have come up with 5 ideas. If you want just ask and I'll tell you the ideas but I will have the rights if it goes through in beening built.

You shud send your iders to all the roller coaster companies! i'm shore theyd love to heer them!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
alexAVFC96 said:
Thanks but i don't know how to send them in. Where would I send them to?

WHOOSH!

Rush said:
As opposed to standing around a console pushing buttons and checking restraints all day? If that's what he wants to do you don't need to be a dick about it...

I was just telling him that it's not all fun and games working at the parks...

Ben

CF Legend
alexAVFC96 said:
Also do you think that I would get payed for it?

Nope, they're not allowed to pay you for a job you enjoy. It's similar to the law on prostitution.

jack

Roller Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
SAW_gameover said:
Anyway, me, I hope to be a maintenance engineer at a Theme park one day, the mechanical/structural side of the coasters amazes me :)

You mean getting up to the park at dawn to do block tests and everything, fill out paperwork, hand over the ride, doss about till the park closes, do more final checks and more paperwork, go home and so on...

Sounds like fun really don't it?

Hey I absolutely loved doing it! Really tires you out like but I loved it!

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
SAW_gameover said:
Anyway, me, I hope to be a maintenance engineer at a Theme park one day, the mechanical/structural side of the coasters amazes me :)

You mean getting up to the park at dawn to do block tests and everything, fill out paperwork, hand over the ride, doss about till the park closes, do more final checks and more paperwork, go home and so on...

Sounds like fun really don't it?

Sounds very fun actually.

How about accounting. People become accountants, sit behind a desk all day, use a calculator all day.

See, if someone enjoys something, then they enjoy it.

I have a passion for engineering, and it would be amazing for me to be able to work on rides. Hell, I spend lots of my time reading through ride patents etc as I enjoy these things, and find them fascinating.

At the end of the day, I reckon I I'll enjoy it. If, hoping I get the job one day, I dont enjoy it, I shall let you know :)

A

Anonymous

It's often been a job I thought I'd enjoy, and I'm good at science and maths at school. Quite a few of my classmates have actually said that's what I should do for a job when I grow up, and I think they might be right :)
So its not just you, there's others out there too.

RCF

Strata Poster
Well it's not the question that they love coasters, the question is, is there someone who loves coasters to this certain extent as to wanting to work with them etc.

CMonster

Giga Poster
ArronL94 said:
Nobody would join this forum if they didnt love coasters.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually hate coasters, I wish they would all fall over and die.

I just joined for the hot people. Like ^.

:wink: