Is Rita: Queen Of Speed Rough?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Richie

Hyper Poster
I've had a quick search and I can't find a topic on this. There definately hasn't been one recently so peoples opinions could have changed since then anyway. If there is a topic on this then please lock.

There are mixed opinions on Rita's roughness. Some find it painful and others find it smooth.

Cedar_boi said:
Terrible painful and shirt ride once i have 20 posts i am rating it a 3/10
benjybobs said:
I enjoyed rita. I made sure that i tried the front seat for my first ever go. I found the best
part is the launch, the rest of the ride i thought was smooth.
weirdfish said:
Painfull & dissapointing. Like the G's though
Ben said:
Her airtime, launch and smooth Intamin-ness. At least we have one Intamin that isn't
painful and dull.

I find Rita smooth and have never understood why it is called rough. Do you find it rough?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
It's rattly, i guess, hardly rough.

Seems to vary greatly from ride to ride. It's very overated by a few unamed CFians. :p

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Yes, I think it is. Personally I find that my neck gets chopped by the restraints on the first corner every time, as well as getting chopped by its horrible restraints on every other part of the ride. Its one of the reasons I hate it, along with its terrible layout.

Ben

CF Legend
It's rattly, but not rough. And the trasnsactions are sharp, which is mistaked for roughness by some, but is actually just her being intense <3.

Anyone that thinks it is should try Gwazi or El Condor and find the true meaning of roughness.

Leighton

Mega Poster
Its not rough(vekoma/arrow-esque), Its just rattly, as ben said, the transitions are aweful, They are sharp flicks, opposed to nice flowing hills.

The same could be said for stealth, its rattly, not rough.

I regret rating it so highly after my first ride, but I was still on a buzz from it being my first launch.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
The only part I find rough is the first helix, that part I find is quite rough and I do bang my head normally during the transition from the launch to the first helix which has left a bruise before.

But the same goes for Stealth also, it has one point of roughness and thats at the bottom of the top hat. It's not like Vekoma roughness like people have said just very rattley if thats even a word.

So overall its not rough, just crap. :p

jack

Roller Poster
I don't find it rough just incredibly painful. The way the restraints pin your legs is incredibly uncomfortable for me and I always slam my neck hard into the restraints on the small pop into the brakes.

tks

Strata Poster
It's not rough but as others have said some of the transitions are god awful.

After the first hil lthe turn by corkscrews station clearly has a visible dip halfway through it. Also the bit before the brakes above the station really hurts my legs due to the sharpness of the airtime and the weight of the restraints.

Oh and the first corner just kills my neck.

Tear down Rita and put something useful in yeh?

Mike

Giga Poster
No, it's not rough.

Generally, the only people that call the ride rough are those that have an extremely fragile little body, so you start crying by even the slightest knock, or you complain about even the slightest little bump that you find on any coaster.

If you want rough, then try a Corkscrew or any of the older-generation wooden coasters (or most Togo's, Vekoma's..etc), and then say is Rita is rough or not.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Hell no! I remember it being smooth, god everybody is moaning about coaster saying they are rough! All coasters are rattly duh!

kir

Hyper Poster
First season it was really smooth, this season it's a bit rattly, next season it'll probably get worse. But I can't imagine it ever being ROUGH. Just rattly.

A

Anonymous

Bloody nora! What is it with people moaning about coasters being rough, maybe you need a new hobby, you must be getting to soft to ride them! :p

Agree theres a few that knock you about a bit but its a roller coaster, they are meant to be a bit violent! Part of the fun!

I don't think Rita is rough at all to be honest, I didnt have any problems when I rode it. So I vote noooo! :lol:

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its painfull when you leave the launch track into the first bend, and then its just rattley really throughout.

But, I expect it to be painfull within a few years. My experience of Intamin is worse than Vekoma, Indiana Jones at DLP is pretty painfull, Colossus is very very rickerty and sounds horrible, and Shockwave is mega rough aswell.

So I give it a few years before she and Stealth become awfully rough.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I say yes! That first bank just cuts my neck something stupid! Also the final airtime cuts my shoulders but that type of pain is good pain :D
I clicked yes just because of that.