Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, it tastes like ****

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I don't mind, but I'd rather order from somewhere else

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

nadroJ

CF Legend
After 3 years of Uni and their offer of 2 for Tuesday, I've eaten a **** load of Domino's pizza. People absolutely wet themselves about how supposedly good they are. In my town, which is more of a village really, we've always had just one pizza place called Pizza Tup. I think it's a franchise but I've never seen one anywhere else, and they do those big fat greasy pizzas. I much prefer these to the stuff Domino's sell, but now one has opened in my town people are wetting themselves that there's now one nearby (even though there has already been one about a 10 minute drive away that delivers to my town).

Anyway, I don't really like Domino's. I endured 3 years of eating it because it was cheaper to go in on the deal with everyone rather than order my own from somewhere else. I just much prefer the big fat greasy dripping with cheesey goo pizzas myself. Although saying that, their garlic bread is pretty delicious.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
The only thing I like Domino's for is their garlic and herb dip. The pizzas are ****.

I'd rather go out and have one properly cooked on a thin crispy base at a nice restaurant. Think I've become a bit of a pizza snob since Italy.

nadroJ

CF Legend
That's another rant, the **** garlic and herb dip. People lose their **** over that sauce. I don't get it, the looks of horror I get when I offer mine away succeeded by an animalistic wrestle for who gets to dip their tasteless crust in it. I just.....what?

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Dominos suck, for take away pizza I find Papa Johns to be really good. They use Canadian wheat in the dough and doesn't have a layer of orange oil on top after its been cooked.

I like to have a proper pizza cooked in a stone oven instead of a take away. Once you have sampled the pizza from Italy and in France on the Itailen border, you won't eat British rubbish pizzas.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^^It's cos they're suckers for those men who stand around wearing Pizza boxes during freshers week. Get their free pizza and their dip, and they're hooked.

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Nope. It seems like a big thing among students, especially in Southampton where I'm at uni, with the 2 for 1 offer and the bundles of vouchers they give to us during Freshers/Refreshers Week. I'd much rather go to Pizza Hut than have a Dominos. Thankfully most of my friends don't rave over it so I get away with not eating so much of it. ;)

Martyn

Giga Poster
Domino's pizzas are proper dirty, which is sometimes just what you want. I can never really get over the price though, they're outrageous! Even when they're two-for-one they're still expensive!

I do like the garlic and herb dip though, haha.

Like Tom said, once you go to Italy (or most of Europe really) and have a pizza there, you realise how rubbish ours are.

Last time I was in Italy we went to a restaurant that was selling "Diavlo" pizzas for €4. They were just cheese and chorizo, but were the same size as a large Domino's. And a proper base, thin and crispy. For FOUR EUROS. Amazing. Plus there's always chilli oil on the tables in European pizza restaurants, which is brilliant.

Making your own pizzas is easy too, and mine are always amazing, and cheap, and you can experiment with all kinds of toppings!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope!

I think Dominoes is alright, but the key word there is alright. It's quite greasy and tastes mass produced. Pizza Hut is mass produced, but I don't think it has that greasiness that Dominoes does. Plus, Dominoes it's actually that cheap, and there are much better places (there's one down the road from my flat here called Rocky Rococo's which is awesome), so yeah, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
It's OK. Much better since they re-vamped their sauce & crust a couple years ago... before that it was like eating cheese-covered cardboard. Also helps that they are a tad less expensive then most other chain pizza delivery joints. Personally, I prefer Pizza Hut for delivery, but the best chain pizza place is Mellow Mushroom, bar none.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Overpriced and s**te.

Pretty much any independent, generic kebab and pizza place has been nicer, not to mention cheaper.

To everyone saying "once you've had one in Italy you'll never eat one here again", stop talking out of your arse.

Yes, pizza in Italy is better than a take-away here. Clearly. But they serve different purposes.

Plus, go to any semi-decent Italian restaurant, pizza hut not included, and the pizzas are on par with, though pricier than, a pizza in Italy.

Well done for going to Italy though! Good for you!

Dave

CF Legend
Papa John's, Domino's and Pizza Hut, so expensive for what it is. Never get the hype, it's in the same bracket as people who rave about Nando's.

I find the Vegetable Supreme from ASDA the best pizza ever, that's about £2.80 for a small one.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
While in college, we only had Dominos since it was so cheap. Haven't had it in nearly a year now. It just isn't that good. Pizza Hut is a much better quality, but it still isn't that good, there is so much grease it's disgusting.

There was a place called Gumby's that was near my apartment that is a college town chain which was actually pretty good, but best pizza is always at mom and pop type places, or just anywhere in Chicago. Deep dish <3

Nic

Strata Poster
I do quite like Domino's, but there's no way I'm going to pay that price for a pizza. That goes for pretty much any take away pizza really. Essentially, I've never forgiven the place over the road that used to do half price on collection for closing down.

The frozen Chicago Town "Take Away" ones with the raw base are every bit as nice. Although £3+ is a lot for a frozen pizza, it's still a hell of a lot more fun than paying £14+ for basically the same thing in Domino's/Pappa John's/wherever.

Colossus

Giga Poster
As far as the actual quality of pizza goes Dominoes wins for me here in Kings Lynn, but I only ever have 1 type from there, the Meateor, I never have anything else.

I mainly order from a place called Galliano's though as its within walking distance of my house and the value to quality ratio is much better than Dominoes, so with that I would have to say no.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Just to put this out there, Domino's in America is inedible, even compared to the UK. Quite literally the most disgusting pizza ever.

And whoever said about Nandos, 100% agreed.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I hate Italian pizzas. Don't like thin base. Lul.

Only thing I prefer from Domino's is their double decadence base. Gorgeous.

Other than that I'm not overly fussed on them ,wouldn't go out of my way to eat there or Pizza Hut, and avoid Papa Johns as it was disgusting and expensive both times I tried it.

Love some of our local places, but tbh whichever has the cheapest deal or the best offers is where I tend to go

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Thin crust pizzas are awesome!

My new local pizza place does a 9 inch of your choice for 3 quid - you just have to collect it!!