• I don't know/care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It depends.

In the original story, no he isn't. I don't think Mr Dick even hints towards it. However, my copy of "Do androids dream of electronic sheep" has been missing for longer than you've been alive Lain - so I may be mistaken :)

In the original cinematic cut of the film? No. It's simple action/adventure/love story and although the hints are there, they're hidden away and you're not meant to think that he is at all.

In the Directors Cut, yes! The scenes added in point to it almost definitely. While in the original cut you could argue a case for him being a replicant - you'd be really clutching. The Directors Cut shows no background to Deckard, he simply "appears". The unicorn motif throughout also shows that there is a link between him and people who are aware he's a replicant. There is also the tune he remembers, but it seems an enigma to him how he knows it; the obsession with photographs that all replicants have and his ability to defeat the other replicants. There are more hints too, but altogether, they make it very VERY clear he is.

I've not seen the ultimate cut or whatever it's called. I've seen the film far too many times and it's hard now to get the time and patience to sit through it yet again...

Ben

CF Legend
All I remember is that film was terrible, and made me want to die.

And yes, I watched the special OMFG awesome directors cut. Still sucked.

Lain

Giga Poster
Ben said:
All I remember is that film was terrible, and made me want to die.

And yes, I watched the special OMFG awesome directors cut. Still sucked.

Stupid.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
jokerman said:
What are you talking about? I don't know what you're on about.

Then click the third option!

Or Google it. I did, something about Blade Runner, which I watched once and forgot about shortly afterwards.

Will

Strata Poster
Ian said:
something about Blade Runner, which I watched once and forgot about shortly afterwards.
This is generally a wise approach to films. Especially films which Lain recommends :p
Third option for me as well, due to this topic making as much sense as it would in Greek.