What's new

Is carowinds the only theme park not to have a single water ride and could they add 1 or 2 in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoasterNerd9213

Roller Poster
I’ve noticed carowinds retired their last water ride in their dry park called rip roaring rapids. I know water rides are fading away from theme parks around the country. But was just curious with the addition of mystic river falls coming to silver dollar city next year. With the success of Infinity Falls at SeaWorld Orlando and the success of the new knotts rapids ride conversion is this really the end of dry water rides at parks? They seem to still be hanging on. I know guests at carowinds has the option of going to Carolina harbor to cool off in the hot Carolina summers. Just to see one dry water ride in the park would be nice though. If rip roaring rapids gets converted or gets a Mack power splash which is coming to Six Flags over Texas the first of its kind in North America. So would you say water rides are played out or are slowly making a comeback in the next decade? I think carowinds is the only cedar fair park without any water rides I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.