Which is better?

• Ipod Touch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony X-Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

coasterboy

Mega Poster
I've been saving up for a new MP3 player for a while but I'm not sure which one to get. I like the iPod Touch but I've also heard about the Sony X-Series. Which one?

nealbie

CF Legend
My mate has an X-series Walkman 32GB (largest size), but I still think the iPod touch is better.

The "biggest" models are both the same size (32GB), but the Touch is a lot easy to navigate and get to all of its services etc. Plus as an added bonus it also looks better :p

Ollie

CF Legend
It doesn't matter too much about the spelling. You still knew what he meant so there's no need to make a fuss about it.

Anyway. I'd go with the iPod touch as it seems the better option and I haven't looked into the Sony X-Series much.

Error

Strata Poster
I have a 30Gb 5th Gen Video iPod. I'm more concerned about having something to keep music and movies on.

The touch looks alright and was considering getting it when I buy a macbook. But, seeing as I just need to replace my ipod's battery, I'm getting the 120 gb classic and giving it to Peter. The touch looks nice and stuff and has aps, but it's very expensive.

So, get a classic if you want it simple, get a touch if you want the bells and whistles.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The Sony X Series is an alternative to the iPod touch, not a competitor.

Sony does not have full web browsing capabilities.

Sony does not have an applications store.

Sony has "noise cancellation", which is rather pointless considering listening to music cancels noise regardless. :roll:

Sony does not have as big a touch screen.

Sony's battery dies 6 hours before iPod touch's.

Get an iPod touch, be happy.

iPod or Ipod or IpOd or however you'd like to spell it, is better. I don't have one, I just have a classic iPod nano, but I've used the Touch multiple times and although it's a bit large for my taste, it's pretty wicked!

Though to be fair I've never heard of Sony X until today.

Crippollo

Roller Poster
I've never used the sony X-series but i have an iPod touch and its freaking awesome. i would recommend one to anyone who asked.

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm gonna change the pace here and say Sony.

Purely because I don't like the iPod or Ipod for Ben.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm..

I have an ipod touch and i love it (16gb). the internet is fast and downloads from itunes and app store are realy fast. the only complaint i have is that even though the box says 16gb you only atually have about 14.5 available because the rest is full of system files :-s .

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Hyde244 said:
The Sony X Series is an alternative to the iPod touch, not a competitor.

Sony does not have full web browsing capabilities.

Sony does not have an applications store.

Sony has "noise cancellation", which is rather pointless considering listening to music cancels noise regardless. :roll:

Sony does not have as big a touch screen.

Sony's battery dies 6 hours before iPod touch's.

Get an iPod touch, be happy.

Touch does not have full browsing capabilities either as it does not support Flash.

Sony does not have an application store because it's and MP3 PLAYER!

Sony has a noise cancellation built in to reduce background noise from cars or aeroplanes when flying.

iPod Touch battery life is 24 hours with music playback, X series is 33 hours.

iPod Touch battery life is 5 hours with video, X series is 9 hours.

Sony has an OLED screen meaning the picture is MUCH sharper and brighter and also sucks up less battery.

And if you are a green person then OLED is 100% recyclable.

Sound and video quality go for the X series.

Durability and less likely to freeze the X series...

Direct recording from the TV, X series

So what I am trying to say is go for the X series...

For people who haven't seen the X series yet then here it is..

X-Series_lw_270x271.jpg

So it might not be the prettiest thing going but it beats the heck out of anything else atm....

AeRo

Hyper Poster
My current MP3 player is a Sony NWZ 8gb job, and it performs very well.

Looking at the X series, it looks awesome - especially the OLED screen, although I am not a fan of small screens, OLED is the future. The noise cancelling headphones are a real plus too.

I have never found and ayePod which measures up to it's competitors, and have never considered buying one. They may look pretty and cool, but pretty and cool isn't always practical nor does it give performance.

Sony for me.