What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
Very interesting! I do note that he still hasn’t given it an RCDB page, however; I’d assume he’s waiting for an announcement (or for more to be known, at least) before he does that.

davidm

Strata Poster
I don't think Duane (or dWaYnE for Marc) personally runs any of the rcdb.com social media accounts (actually perhaps the twitter one), someone else runs them for/with him.

So rcdb.com posting something on instawhatsit doesn't mean there is a rcdb.com entry for something - that link is to the park page not the coaster. ;)

TL;DR ; "rcdb.com" on instagram has gone rogue.

Matt N

CF Legend
Now that will be a phenomenal moment; the feeling of being so close to the water should be really exhilarating, and Intamin does some great-looking whippy elements!

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
I already done this joke somewhere else but I hope that the Maverick roll will:
- never gonna give us up
- never gonna let us down
- never gonna run around and desert us

Besides that this element looks stellar and I can't wait to have the chance to go to Florida to test this absolute monster

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
giphy.gif

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh my god, look at that whip!

Could this potentially take Maxx Force’s record for the world’s fastest inversion?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
The noises I just made seeing that for the first time....... Wow. Wowwowwow.

^as for that, I don't think so. My (rough) NL2 mockup has that roll being taken around 55mph.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
There's still more track staged in front of the Discovery Center, so I'd expect either the helix to be completed or the track after the heartline roll to be extended by the end of the day today.

Matt N

CF Legend
My goodness, construction is progressing quickly on this! Dare I say it, but could we potentially see a late 2020 opening for this if construction continues at the same pace? Or could there be lots of theming to be fitted that has not been seen yet? I’d assume there will be quite a bit of theming; Universal tends to heavily err on the side of theming! Although that being said, this is a very different type of ride to most of the ones Universal have built lately.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
AcidicShadowyIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

Ok, here in Michigan, we've been quarantining for nearly three months at this point, so I am sure that the chemicals in my brain aren't properly balanced. I am sure I was just as excited when I watched Steel Vengeance and Iron Gwazi rise as I am watching this, but I am completely living for this ride.