What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I agree, the all black scheme here doesn't fit IMO. A dark green or blue would've been ideal.

And for the record, Hyperion should've had white track. That's all.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Black on black. Is it going to serve me coffee in an overpriced ‘boutique’ (but actually chain) high street cafe?

emoo

Hyper Poster
I had hoped parks moved on from this uninspired colour scheme phase. Would shades of moody jurrasic dinosaurs and their inhabited forrests not worked?

Still thrilled it's actually going up and we get to see how close all the speculation has been.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I had hoped parks moved on from this uninspired colour scheme phase. Would shades of moody jurrasic dinosaurs and their inhabited forrests not worked?

Still thrilled it's actually going up and we get to see how close all the speculation has been.

It's been said that it's because any exotic colors would stand out a little too much in the skyline.

Lofty

CF Legend
It isn't a hugely colourful environment though. The area of the park is pretty grey/green. You have the looming Jurassic Park River Adventure show building to the left and Hogwarts to the right, both of which aren't really rendered in many colours. This is smack bang in the middle of the two (from the view across the lake). In fact, the only real colour the lake has (now) is all on the entry side of the park thinking about it - with the Marvel stuff on one side and Seuss on the other.

Harry347

Roller Poster
I think black is fine a colour scheme, especially with all the foliage either side of the ride. I'm not sure what colour scheme that could of gone with other wise to match the theme as I don't think green would work unlike with flying dino this is a blitz style coaster so it will be closer to the trees etc and you kind of want the coaster to stand out as much as possible, maybe a grey and blue to make Jurassic world? but that wouldn't really make sense due to it still being Jurassic park on the east coast

Donidia

Roller Poster
Looking at the track connectors for the top hat after the second laugh, could we potentially see an inverted top hat? The connections seem like they are already fairly banked at the top of it. What do we think?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looking at the track connectors for the top hat after the second laugh, could we potentially see an inverted top hat? The connections seem like they are already fairly banked at the top of it. What do we think?
Yes, they do seem to twist quite aggressively don't they? It wouldn't surprise me if it was some trick of the light, mind. :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I believe that is the first launch track and the start of the first element in place, rather than the final turn and the brake run which is what he said?

I imagine that the second launch will feel very similar to Taron's, or Volcano's second launch as the train will go into it at some speed.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That turn into the second launch alone is giving me the tinglies! I'm really hoping that this ride ends up like an amalgamation of Maverick, Taron, and Taiga. I'm glad that progress is picking up - this will be an exciting one to watch!

As for the tophat - this photo was taken from the opposite angle, using the crane as a reference. The tophat does twist aggressively, but it's a standard, non-inverting tophat:

98197321_2648894978689437_5546608933143052288_n.jpg

Photo credit: Midway Mayhem