What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
The rumored height is somewhere around 140 feet, as the rumored top speed is 75mph (making it the fastest launch coaster in Florida, and the fastest multi-launch coaster in the world if the Jurassic Park blitz coaster is to have 2 launches).
Dan from midway mayhem said its supposed to be over 70mph but if it’s 70mph it would probably be higher than Taiga as taiga is 65.9mph yet it’s height is 170ft.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Dan from midway mayhem said its supposed to be over 70mph but if it’s 70mph it would probably be higher than Taiga as taiga is 65.9mph yet it’s height is 170ft.
I'm sure that its 170ft maximum height is in part due to the hillside it's situated on; by Google Earth's measurements, that hillside has a ~45 foot height difference from the top to the bottom - assuming the height difference is counted in the total height, Taiga's 2nd launch takes place near the top of said hillside so the subsequent top hat climb would be around 130 feet tall.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
If launch 2 is 70mph, then that speed would get you up a 170ft top hat. I'd play it safe and say at least 160ft, but it could most definitely be taller.
Agreed

I'm sure that its 170ft maximum height is in part due to the hillside it's situated on; by Google Earth's measurements, that hillside has a ~45 foot height difference from the top to the bottom - assuming the height difference is counted in the total height, Taiga's 2nd launch takes place near the top of said hillside so the subsequent top hat climb would be around 130 feet tall.
Yeah when I rode it in the summer, it didn’t look 170ft so I’d say ur right

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Oh ****, here we go!

Gotta say I'm not sure about the colors (or lack thereof) - black track AND supports? I've not had the pleasure of visiting this park yet, but from what I've seen I feel like this will look rather out of place...

Lofty

CF Legend
Oh ****, here we go!

Gotta say I'm not sure about the colors (or lack thereof) - black track AND supports? I've not had the pleasure of visiting this park yet, but from what I've seen I feel like this will look rather out of place...
Eh? It won't look out of place... you're forgetting this is just to the left of where Dragon Challenge used to dominate the skyline - this is just a replacement eye-catching moment upon the 'reveal' of the park (passing through the Port of Entry area).

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Oh ****, here we go!

It’s a good use of space imo and it gives enthusiasts a good reason to visit universal. This is the first top tier coaster universal has invested in (if this is anything like Taiga) apart from maybe flying dinosaur as gringots, mummy, hagrids and hulk are supposed to be good but not amazing for enthusiasts and rip ride rocket is supposed to be fairly meh same with hollywood dream.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I'm not a fan of all black colour schemes either. I always imagined this with dark green track.

Regardless, this coaster is going to look great on the skyline. It fits so perfectly into that area of the park it's like it was always planned to be there.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Guys, I'm not talking about the coaster itself being out of place or fitting in the park, I was only talking about the choice of colors.
Neither am I saying that it should have bright striking colors, - I just feel like it will look very montone in an otherwise colorful environment.
I don't like the all-black on Hyperion either, so it might just be me.