What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
There's a less than stellar review out there of the attraction.
With the rumour being that the reviewer wasn't allowed to film a POV for their youtube channel missing out on youtube revenue
The reviewer is also now saying that dueling dragons was a top ten coaster in the world
I think you can all guess who it is ?

Saw the review, it's ridiculous. The rumor is probably right.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
To be fair I imagine Duelling Dragons was in most people's top ten back in 1999, that's the point he was making. While he may be biased in his negative review, all the other reviews we've seen so far have been positively biased because the ride isn't open yet and the reviewers want invites to the next media day. Don't take anyone's opinion seriously until it opens tomorrow.

I love how efficient the loading station is. Between the conveyer belt and the single rider queue this should be pumping out full trains every 35 seconds the vast majority of the time.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
I can see that review being fairly spot on, actually. Obviously, won't know until I ride it, and even then (as with all coasters), your experience may vary- but I fail to find anything egregious about that review.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I can see that review being fairly spot on, actually. Obviously, won't know until I ride it, and even then (as with all coasters), your experience may vary- but I fail to find anything egregious about that review.
I smell a TPR member ;) It's pretty obviously a bias review, we all know how petty Alvey is from previous events. I'm not saying his review is wildly inaccurate, but the fact they didn't allow his royal highness a POV is probably why the video title doesn't have words like "AMAZING" in it.

snes2

Roller Poster
I don't know how anyone could wait that long just to ride on the first day, surely your experience will be severely dampened after an 8 hour queue.
Compared to any other form of media, it's pretty easy to avoid a POV or review of a ride.
My bladder wouldn't be able to withstand a queue that long anyways...

Hutch

Strata Poster
Personally won't be looking at that POV anytime soon. I did a good job avoiding a Gringotts POV until I rode it three years after it opened. It'll be years before I get back down there, but I tend to avoid POVs for any major indoor Universal or Disney ride.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I just can't believe that a queue would actually be that long. Has anyone ever waited in one of these insanely long queues and timed it? Surely they overestimate it?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean that looks amazing. Of course it does, but wow.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hmm after seeing that POV, I do feel a little set down by the overall finish of it. You can see the stick holding up that creature in the barn, the unicorns at the end look awful, they hardly bothered hiding the show building for the drop track...

I dunno. The coaster itself looks super fun, but the theming just doesn't feel like Universal quality to me.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
The complexity of this ride is something else. Multiple launches, dual drop tracks, a fast-switch swing launch (which I was unaware was a fast-switch until seeing the PoV, thought it was more conventional) like a dozen trains, and a conveyor station. Crazy.

One worries about potential downtime with such a beast.

While this is perfect for Universal’s audience, a more intense version of something like this (long, multi launches) is basically my dream ride