What's new

Inverto Your Mind! NL2 Comp!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Inverto Yo Mind Yo!

We enter our next competition, and this one is going to definitely make you get creative. What we want to see? A unique invert (SLC Intamin or B&M) that stays inside the boundaries. You must avoid the x rectangle in the middle, which is to make you get a little more creative. Hixee, Jer, and I will be the 3 judges again, averaging our scores to get the base score, with the user average completing the remaining points (20 and 5 respectively are available).

You are ENCOURAGED to edit the terrain, add scenery, etc. It does not need to stay a blank slate, and I would truly hope it doesn't!

Rules
- Must be inverted coaster, Intamin SLC or B&M
-Minimum length is 2800 feet
- Max Height of 120 feet (measured by top of track)
- Must not enter the X rectangle
- Supports must stay in the overall borders (may cross into areas that are apart of overall build area)
- All entries must vote, or be deducted 1 point. Voting is done on a 1-5 scale
-Entries are due by FRIDAY AUGUST 6, 2015. Voting will be over that weekend, results posted that Monday.

Please either PM or email the entries to me. Email is bigt12788(at)yahoo.com

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/td8in ... nd.nl2park

Jer

Strata Poster
My work has been getting busy lately, I can still judge, but I may not have an entry. I'll try my best though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
tomahawk said:
- Supports must stay in the overall borders (may cross into areas that are apart of overall build area)
Could you clarify this rule please?

Also, what is the 'U-shaped' bit of the template for?

EDIT: I'm in! No idea what I'm going to do, but I've never done a good Invert so I'm looking forward to trying this.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So there is that border in the middle that splits the two sides of the main area (u as you called it) supports are allowed to cross that line. They are just not able to outside the outermost borders or in the x box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So what's the point in having that border? I don't really understand what it's there for - sorry Tom, been a long day!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Ok I think we are talking about different things. So there is the oddly shaped outer border, everything must stay inside that. Then there is a rectangle with an x in the middle of said larger area, nothing can go in there. Then there is another border which is in the middle of that large area, that van have supports cross it as it is in the main area, just track can't cross it.

What I will do is when I get home change the colors of that border to show what can and can't be crossed by colors.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think you included the bit about track not crossing the 'u' shaped border in the original rules. I think I understand now, but it might be a good idea to change the colours anyway so it's a bit more obvious.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'll do that in a few hours. Once I get home. Wrote them when I was tired.

BBH

Giga Poster
I'm so confused over what the "U" is there for. What part can't supports cross into?

BBH

Giga Poster
I'm so confused over what the "U" is there for. What part can't supports cross into?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The U is there to prevent the template from being a **** box. The Line of the U, means you can't have track cross that line, you can go AROUND it, but you can't go through it.

I have updated the image, here is your explanation:

ANYTHING OUTSIDE THE BLACK IS NO BUILD. THIS INCLUDES THE BLACK RECTANGLE

THE RED LINE INDICATES AN AREA WHERE NO TRACK CAN GO THROUGH! SUPPORTS YES, TRACK NO.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
OK, maybe a silly question, but I haven't been able to suss it out.

How are we measuring maximum height? Is it from the 0m level, or from the lowest point on the terrain? I know I can use some tunnels, but I just want to be clear before I storm off and misinterpret the rule.

Also, I didn't check before I left the flat this morning, but are the supports that represent the boundaries set at 120ft?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yes you can launch, the birders are exactly 120 feet up. Only top if track can hit it, not heartline.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hey guys really fast. I don't have much time to work on this ride, and I obviously want an entry. I thought it would be a fun idea to stream building it, ill start Sunday around Noon (US Eastern) and anyone who wants to watch is more than welcome to.

http://www.twitch.tv/jemerymailman

Hope some of you guys show up.