What's new

Intimidators: Timmy and 305

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
CreditCrazy said:
SnooSnoo said:
Hopefully they will return the drop to its former glory because that shameful excuse for a Giga doesn't deserve to be raped in such a way.

It's only a shameful excuse for a giga because of the trims, so with them gone, it will completely be the amazing coaster it once was!

So excited to be re-riding next year. :--D
Being ridiculously intense doesn't make a good coaster, but since tonnes of people claimed I305 was amazing pre trims... lets assume you're right. But it is a shameful excuse for a Giga coaster regardless, because after the first drop.... it practically ground hugs. What's the point of that first drop? Absolutely nothing.

KD clearly just desperately wanted an epically tall ride despite the fact they apparently do not have the room for one. Derp.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
CreditCrazy said:
SnooSnoo said:
Hopefully they will return the drop to its former glory because that shameful excuse for a Giga doesn't deserve to be raped in such a way.

It's only a shameful excuse for a giga because of the trims, so with them gone, it will completely be the amazing coaster it once was!

So excited to be re-riding next year. :--D
Being ridiculously intense doesn't make a good coaster, but since tonnes of people claimed I305 was amazing pre trims... lets assume you're right. But it is a shameful excuse for a Giga coaster regardless, because after the first drop.... it practically ground hugs. What's the point of that first drop? Absolutely nothing.

KD clearly just desperately wanted an epically tall ride despite the fact they apparently do not have the room for one. Derp.

I totally see your point here and I agree that the layout is pretty ridiculous for what the ride should be. But when it re-opens this year, as long as it's amazing like people were saying it was when it first opened last year, I don't care what it should or could be like... I'll just be happy that KD has an amazing coaster again. And it'll be a success, even with the restricted layout.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Very true, and a nice way of looking at it too. That ride means a lot to KD, a park which gets a lot of ****. It meant a lot to get it right, and it seemed such a shame that was ruined. With any luck it's fixed.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Many of you might have heard that the trims have been removed from I305's first drop & here's the confirmation. Lets just hope that whatever they did with the first curve keeps most of the speed up through the fantastic first air-time hill & that they don't put the trims back on the last hill either.

I305Trims3.jpg

I305Trims1.jpg

I305Trims2.jpg

I305Trims4.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drogNrJnJI[/youtube]
Source: http://coasterfusion.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?10765.10#post_11336

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
I305 Redo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPhkyrmmeYg[/youtube]

I filmed this today as promised! It's a little low quality but I forgot to grab my big camera before orientation and my camera phone is crap :x

Anyway, the Paint picture sums it up quite well. It swoops up and looks really sexy! I'm sure this lessens the forces that caused loss of vision etc., and looks like a blast! You can see the new swooping track right next to the tree in the first video.

Can't wait to ride it!