What's new

Intimidator vs Intimidator 305; battle of the Dale Earnhardt coasters

Intimidator or I305?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. I know I did a poll yesterday, so apologies if this is a tad overkill, but after doing the poll comparing I305 to Fury, it got me thinking of another poll idea; how about a comparison between I305 and the other Dale Earnhardt coaster, Intimidator at Carowinds?

Now I know you all probably think I’ve lost my marbles here. “Come on, Matt, a comparison between an Intamin giga and a B&M Hyper, and one of the lower rated B&M Hypers at that, will obviously see the Intamin win by a country mile!” I hear you saying.

However, I think I305 is a bit different to your average Intamin. It seems more polarising than universally loved, by my observation. Yes, there are plenty of people who think it’s the best thing since sliced bread, but for each person who loves I305, there seems to be another who doesn’t think much to it at all, either because they find it boring or because they find it excessively intense. And there’s not much in between.

With Intimidator, on the other hand; while I wouldn’t say I know of anyone who really loves it, and it does seem to be one of the lower rated B&M Hyper Coasters, I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t at least like it. It mostly seems to get a solid 7 or 8/10 or so; from what I can tell, most enthusiasts seem to think that while not ground breaking or something that blows you away, even when compared to other B&M Hypers, it’s a perfectly good ride that’s solid enough in its own right. And I also wager that Fury’s presence within the same park doesn’t help its reputation. With that in mind, I was curious to see if anyone actually preferred Intimidator to I305.

So, which Dale Earnhardt coaster do you prefer; Intimidator at Carowinds, a B&M Hyper Coaster, or Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion, an Intamin Giga Coaster? I’ve ridden neither, so I have no personal verdict, but I’d be keen to know your thoughts!

I’m expecting I305 to win this by a fair amount, as a comparison between a B&M Hyper and an Intamin will mostly result in the Intamin winning, but I’m interested to see how many people, if any, prefer Intimidator to I305, as there are a fair few people who don’t think that highly of I305.