What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Giga Poster
So far we have seen what looks to be an Intamin iSpeed style support:

http://www.kdfansite.com/gallery/albums ... rge%29.JPG

Loefet mentioned that Intamin now have a new type of track that is more rigid than the quad rail design, (that is being used on the Ferrari theme park launcher*)...is this the same style? It doesn't look like Premier to me.

*Frustratingly the theme park guy has taken down his Ferrari park photos, so I can't compare.

I'm calling Intamin anyhow.

Edit:
Found a pic:

You can clearly see just where the turn begins to go upwards a whole bunch of new iSpeed style Intamin supports.

I found the pics here:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 89f7c14512

But you can see it is the same 'double tube' track.

I'm definitely calling Intamin on this one.

A

Anonymous

Gazza said:
Loefet mentioned that Intamin now have a new type of track that is more rigid than the quad rail design, (that is being used on the Ferrari theme park launcher*)...is this the same style? It doesn't look like Premier to me.

*Frustratingly the theme park guy has taken down his Ferrari park photos, so I can't compare.

I'm calling Intamin anyhow.
I'm with you, they looks exactly the same as the new Intamin track at the Ferrari theme park.

So it's an Intamin YAY!!

BTW, here is an image to compare the track:
ferrari-world-11-big_100_159.jpg

Looks exactly the same to me...

I guess that square tubing for supports are easier to manufacture, and the new tracks must be a lot easier to manufacture then the quad-rail...

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
If that Ferrari coaster track is Intamin then I'd say the new KD coaster is the same. The only reason I said premier is that other sites are claiming that the Ferrari track pictures are Premier.
Mind if I ask how you've come to the conclusion that Intamin has a new style track and that the Ferrari coaster is an example?

A

Anonymous

^ The reason why I say Intamin, it's because articles about the ride from ECC, which have good relations with Intamin (and other manufacturer) and all of their articles are very well researched, and very rarely wrong.

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
Cool thanks loefet. I'm not too familiar with ECC are they the ones that dug up that layout of Diamondback long before clearing was even finished?

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. I'm going to KD next summer.. :p

That and Carowinds are the only two big parks on the East Coast I have yet to visit. After that.. I'm screwed.. :lol:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Although I wouldn't go as far as calling it a big park, you can always hit up Freestyle Music Park as well (providing it's still around come 2010). I'll be heading down there in two weeks & let you know if it's worth it. :wink:

marc

CF Legend
Will be interesting to read your review after its been totally slated on other sites, plus they now have that coaster working with the wheel lift :)

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
Project 2010 - Kings Dominion

So much speculation as to what it's going to be. Honestly I have no clue because I've been out of the whole "coaster enthusiast game" for about 3 years now. I've never seen this track before, I will say that much. And I also did not see a topic about this...but move it accordingly if there is one. :)

IMG_2465_%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_2467_%28Large%29.JPG

IMG_2340_%28Large%29.JPG

peep

CF Legend
There be a topic in news & Rumours about this. It looks very very odd but it is apparently Intamin as ibreathesbs has just pointed out.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
peep said:
There be a topic in news & Rumours about this. It looks very very odd but it is apparently Intamin as ibreathesbs has just pointed out.

Awhhh. I didn't think to look in there. Well...consider this construction. As you can see they're clearing A LOT of land.

ibreathesbs

Mega Poster
I heard Intimidator and it having a racing theme as well...interesting. I'll have to check with who told me though. hmmm. *goes to check*

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I think people are assuming Intamin as it uses the same square supports as iSpeed. It's odd, these new designs would have come out at IAAPA as Intamin were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.