What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
Well, CoasterFanatics (well, their Facebook) seems to think they're Intamin supports. I don't know why.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Great to see KD getting a new coaster, but I wish it was a B&M floater because there aren't enough of them a Cedar Fair parks. :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That's fairly interesting. Those are definitely aren't Intamin supports though. They would be round on the bottom if they were.

Snoo

The Legend
That is no way, shape, or form an Intamin support. Don't know what they are on.

Going with the trends of the former paramount parks, and what we've seen.. it will be a B&M Hyper.

..named after a snake or something.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Maybe B&M jumped on the square support bandwagon?

More likely; maybe it's neither company.

Snoo

The Legend
Another MACK!

After seeing that.. my feelings have changed.. I only saw the bottom.. but the new supports? Lord who knows..

Either way.. I'll be going to KD next summer.. :p

Jools

Giga Poster
Hmmm, doubt it :?

ig4074.htm

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Those supports look Intamin, especially with the large amount of bolt holes to attach the track to the support.

normal_IMG_2316_%28Large%29.JPG

MVT018.jpg

Definitely not B&M supports.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Does the color scheme remind anyone of a certain coaster that was built at another Cedar Fair Park.... *cough Diamondback cough*

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Nope, not at all. :razz:

It's ok, Cedar Fiar just keeps rotating the colors. Diamondback and Maverick shared similar color schemes, and now Diamondback shares with the new coaster. :lol:

A

Anonymous

I'm pretty sure that it isn't a B&M, unless they have completely changed their supports completely.
And no I'm not talking about the square tubing, but the tube that connects to the track, B&M uses a completely different way of making the track connector.

I think that we really can't say anything for certain until we see some track.

Snoo

The Legend
Let us hope for some Intamin. We haven't had any nice big Intamin's in the states for a while.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
It's ok, Cedar Fiar just keeps rotating the colors. Diamondback and Maverick shared similar color schemes, and now Diamondback shares with the new coaster.

At lest they don't give ALL their coasters the same names. Sure there is a little overlapping but at least it's not as bad as you know who. (SIX FLAGS) SHH! Don't tell any one I told you.
Sorry that was retarded.

Exciting though!
We'll just have to wait for some good ol track to know for sure.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Great to see KD getting a new coaster, but I wish it was a B&M floater because there aren't enough of them a Cedar Fair parks. :p

I agree. I don't recall ever riding one of those, Jerry. Remind me which parks have that type?

:wink:

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Let us hope for some Intamin. We haven't had any nice big Intamin's in the states for a while.
The one in your signature and avatar doesn't count?
:p

I dunno. Intamin seems to be in the news lately for high failure rates again.

Snoo

The Legend
^Hey.. I found a sexy picture and used it. Doesn't mean it is my 'OMG BLOW MY LOAD' favorite. :p

That goes to Boulder Dash. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.