What's new

Intamin Blitz, Vekoma Shockwave or Mack Multi-Launch

Which Do You Prefer

• Total voters

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
Hi Everybody,

I have made this poll to see your opinions on the three top launch coaster models on the market.

I personally prefer the Intamin Blitz model because the new restraints maximise freedom while whipping through intense elements and fast transitons.
There is also a massive variety of layouts and each one has its own place in peoples top coasters, whether you like intense launches, airtime-filled top hats and amazing inversions, each one has it's own character.

My personal favourite is Taron at Phantasialand because it mixes airtime and fast transitions with world-class theming and reliability.

So it's up to you.

Can't wait to see your opinions.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Personally I find Mack Multi-launches too calm if that's a way of putting it? I haven't ridden any Vekoma shockwaves but by the looks of the restrains they don't offer the exposure that Intamin's current lap bars do. I'm all for snappy and intense launches and Intamin seems to be the best at doing them.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
As a general rule I'd say Intamin Blitz coasters are better.
The exception to that rule is, of course, Helix, which is better than any Intamin at all, not just the Blitzers.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
If I'm in charge of a park, and I can only buy one of these, I'm probably picking the Intamin. They're generally better & more thrilling rides, I find the seats & restraints to be the best out there, and it'd probably be cheaper than the Mack Launch. The downside, obviously, is the unpredictable reliability. Haven't done any of the new-gen Vekoma launched-loopers, but I don't think the catalogue is enticing enough to pull me away from a good ol' Intamin LSM.

Will

Strata Poster
I think I've only ridden one of each, but Helix > Lech > Taron.
Just to be awkward ;)

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Intamin Blitz for me.

Vekoma are instantly out of the equation because they use OTSR's.

The Mack models offer a good all round ride but some of their launches are pathetic *looks at Icon*. Helix is without a doubt world class but it's a bit tame for me.