What's new

INSIDIAN - Fear The Night

coasterboy

Mega Poster
"It came in the night, there was no way we could have prepared for it."
Loop.jpg

"It showed no empathy as it tore through the town - planes, buildings, it didn't care. It couldn't care."
Splash.jpg

"We hid in whatever was left, but it showed no mercy. Not to anyone."
Twist.jpg

"It was aggravated, it's fury unstoppable by any weapon"
Crash.jpg

"All we could do was watch as the world exploded around us."
Boom.jpg

scw55

Hyper Poster
If I'm creating a Sci-Fi-y coaster I tend to use the Black/Red colour scheme because of the Sci-Fi station themeing from RCT2 and Black in RCT3 tends to look like a very dark grey.

I don't think anyone copies anyone. I think you both came to the same logical conclusion. I can empathise with the assumption of intellectual property mimicry. The aeroplane heavily references The Swarm intentionally or not.

I'm incredibly jealous of you two having the Wingrider to build with. The one I have isn't an B&M one, it's a strange barrel Intimin one.

reddude333

Giga Poster
There is a link to the one I used on my thread. It's definitely a good CTR. Plus, I didn't use very much in-game scenery so colors were simply my choice.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Although, as reddude have stressed, the two projects seems very similar, I am curious to see how coasterboy is going to tackle this theme.

Looks good for the moment, but I'll wait a more global picture to really comment on the project.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I downloaded this ride-type and tried to think out-side the box of themes.
You can do a pretty sweet 'Jungle Theme' by colouring the track green and the supports brown to emulate a thick canopy.
Paint the cars Red, Blue and Yellow; Parrot colours.

Ta-da, un-apocalyptic themed wing rider.

I fear aviation would be the only theme for this ride type. Or a Manta ray. You can't duel two of them because there's an obvious overlap which looks wrong.

Colossus

Giga Poster
I made one last year, with the NightFlight CTR, before this new one came about and I themed mine around a pirate bay.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1RLN8Jep-I[/youtube]

reddude333

Giga Poster
^^Good idea for an alternative theme. However, I disagree that you can't duel them. I have considered doing this before and it would just involve doing something besides mirroring them.

^Ah yes, the one that beat me :-( Despite the criticism I had then, it was well made and I liked the theme you chose.

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ Thanks :)

This whole topic just sounds like a competition waiting to happen. Apocalyptic Wingrider challenge!! lol

coasterboy

Mega Poster
Thanks for your responses :)

In response to reddude333, I would just like to say that I am NOT copying him and I certainly don't want to - we both chose a simillar theme and we will have different ways of presenting these themes. That said, I can understand why some would think I was trying to emulate his designs, but I assure you, I'm not a thief!

scw55 said:
Cough The Swarm.
I must admit, I was certainly influenced by The Swarm (and this will become apparent in certain angles), but it's my own take on the theme :)

portemine said:
Although, as reddude have stressed, the two projects seems very similar, I am curious to see how coasterboy is going to tackle this theme.

Looks good for the moment, but I'll wait a more global picture to really comment on the project.
Thanks :) I don't really want to give TOO much away at this stage, but there'll definitely be a more global picture in the future :p

FaceYourNemesis said:
Looking good, although I have to say that the whole apocalyptic theme is getting old now. It's been overdone!
Thanks :) Yeah, the whole world-ending theme has been done frequently in recent times, but I couldn't resist - there's a certain degree of beauty to destruction in my opinion :p

Colossus The Power of 10 said:
I made one last year, with the NightFlight CTR, before this new one came about and I themed mine around a pirate bay.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1RLN8Jep-I[/youtube]
Looks very good! :p

Update 1:
"It's call was cacophonous, a piercing clash of glitched screaming and reverberating growls - a sound that could have only came from the deepest depths of Hell"
Curvature.jpg

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Seems that you master the art of making teasers quite well.
I'm not totally satisfied with the inclusion of trees in your theme nonetheless.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I'm having trouble with my wingrider designs of horrific clipping. I accidentally cause a lot of literal head-choppers.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I don't know what wingrider catwalks to use, if there are any. And because the seats are wider than one RCT3 tile, I can't make good stations, even with tonnes of CS!!

reddude333

Giga Poster
I have more issues with finding catwalks although I know they are out there (I guess I should just look for dive coaster catwalks) than I do with making stations.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
Another update :)

"On that night, the world changed as we once knew it. On that night, every man, woman and child were thrown from their dream worlds into cruel reality. On that night, the fire rose like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Maybe this was our rebirth, maybe this terrible THING was trying to cleanse the earth of our greed, our sins. Maybe we deserved this."
Heat.jpg