What's new

Insane reopens at Gröna Lund.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Insane reopened today half an hour ago. The ride have been throughly inspected and serviced, and is deemed safe both by local authorities and Intamin.

The Swedish and Finish media is reporting of unauthorized modifications of the safety system on the ride in Spain.
Looks like Kirnu will reopen next week.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Thanks for the update _koppen. I want to hit Gröna Lund in September and I was worried that it'd be closed for the remainder of the season.

Could someone report if the ride performance has been affected? i.e.: if the spinning of the seats has been somewhat neutered or if they force more balanced rides?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Unauthorised modifications of the restraints at Terra Mitica?

If proven that'll be bye bye Terra Mitica then.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Very interesting, thanks for posting Koppen.
Yeah I have to agree with Smithy, and in a way it's better than the fault being something to do with un-tampered restraints.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm wondering what modification of the safety systems would be. Removal of the seat belt buckle?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Smithy said:
Unauthorised modifications of the restraints at Terra Mitica?

If proven that'll be bye bye Terra Mitica then.

"Unauthorised" doesn't have to mean illegal though. I'm taking it to mean not carried out or endorsed by Intamin themselves, which gets them off the hook with any kind of liability.

Wasn't it the same with that drop tower that cut someone's feet off? The park didn't use cables from Intamin when they replaced them, so it was an "unauthorised" modification as far as the manufacturer were concerned, but not in terms of health and safety laws.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye but even if it isn't illegal, absolving Intamin of fault also absolves them of any liability when it comes to financing any claims of compensation which it would appear Terra Mitica will now have to fully front. Though I suppose if they've carried out the work to an inspected standard they may be covered? **** knows.

It definitely had a seat belt buckle, it was a two point one in that it had two clips you had to undo to get the belt out.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
oriolat2 said:
Could someone report if the ride performance has been affected? i.e.: if the spinning of the seats has been somewhat neutered or if they force more balanced rides?
They have been balancing the riders for some time now. Last year they made an exception for Ian and I when we rode with Peter Osbeck, as per his request.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
peep said:
Not always. In 2009 (or 10, I forgets) we were totally not balanced out and they didn't seem to care. It was awesome.

That must've been sick. Was it spin crazy or just facing the sky/ground?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^It was spin crazy and Ian just about got sick. :lol:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Bumping this thread because I can’t find a better one.

How long has Insane been down in 2021? What’s going on now?

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Good news! It's back open!
'If fear is not your thing, you now have another CRAZY reason to visit us during Halloween - Our purple favorite INSANE opens after it has been closed all summer. LET’S GO!'