What's new

Injury on X-2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If the injury has become apparent after walking away from the ride - or the client has been asked to keep it quiet - then it wouldn't appear anywhere until the suit goes in.

bdfesq

Roller Poster
Marc, I am curious as to where you found a list of complaints for this coaster. I have done several google searches and did not find anything relevant.

As for it reporting it, it is not like the park is required or wants to report this to anyone and they are certainly not going to report it to any news agency. Therefore, the only way these things get news is the plaintiff notifies the news agency or the news agency sees a complaint was filed with the court. However, given the size if the LA court system it is very likely no news agency picked upon on this compliant.

That being said, I have been handling serious injury product liability cases for more than a decade and I can assure you the public does not hear more than .01% of the serious injuries involved with products in this country. Therefore, it does not surprise me that no one has heard of this case.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
All of Florida's major parks—which include the Walt Disney World Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando, and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay—report quarterly details surrounding accidents and other incidents at their parks. A requirement for these reported incidents is that they are fatal incidents, or that the injured person required an overnight hospital visit. Four examples of the types of incidents that have been reported to Florida's Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection are listed here:[1] (from wiki)

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cf ... dents.html

I have to imagine an anti-business state like California would have something similar.

Additionally, sites like http://www.rideaccidents.com/ will list major accidents.

And this site http://amusementsafety.org/ has some pretty detailed info by park. I'd imagine they aren't making it up out of their asses so...

By the way this info is not Pro Bono. My current rate is 10% of any monetary value earned.

Thanks

marc

CF Legend
^beat me to it lol. All them sites show up on a google search, my search was accidents on x2 magic mountain.

Yep Furie if it's not been reported yet then that would be why it's not showing. Maybe it will in time.

When the person at work called Thorpe to report her broken rib they said as she did not report it at the time there was no proof it happen on Saw.

bdfesq

Roller Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
All of Florida's major parks—which include the Walt Disney World Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Orlando, and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay—report quarterly details surrounding accidents and other incidents at their parks. A requirement for these reported incidents is that they are fatal incidents, or that the injured person required an overnight hospital visit. Four examples of the types of incidents that have been reported to Florida's Bureau of Fair Rides Inspection are listed here:[1] (from wiki)

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cf ... dents.html

I have to imagine an anti-business state like California would have something similar.

Additionally, sites like http://www.rideaccidents.com/ will list major accidents.

And this site http://amusementsafety.org/ has some pretty detailed info by park. I'd imagine they aren't making it up out of their asses so...

By the way this info is not Pro Bono. My current rate is 10% of any monetary value earned.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I did check those sites and did not see anything about the X2.

Given you are in for 10% that means you are contributing 10% of the costs as well. j/k.

thanks again.

tks

Strata Poster
furie said:
US law is very different from ours and there is a very real claim system in place.

English Common law was exported along with our religious fanatics to the USA. They used it to build their own legal system. So it's not all that different.

In fact the UK is the most litigious (cases brought per person) country in the world. And we've been doing it for almost 800 years.

History lesson y'all.

Nic

Strata Poster
Wow, if X2 really caused someone such a serious injury, I'd hate to think what would happen to them if they rode Eejanaika instead.

Seriously though, have you tried looking for Eejanaika accidents? I'm not sure if they would be any use to you or not? I would kinda hope not because, although they use pretty much the same ride system, the ride experience is entirely different. Whilst X/X2 was the most fun, exhilarating and thrilling ride experience I've ever had, Eejanaika is like being towed behind a car travelling down a bumpy road with nothing but your own face to protect you.

I'll just leave this here...

553670_10150963270821025_1132530187_n.jpg

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I wonder I asked a few people from my school that have been Six Flags Magic Mountain said the only main problem they have had with this ride is they came off with bruised arms and legs. For that matter if this was saw the ride (or as I call it headache on wheels the ride). Then it would of made perfect sense. If this was a serious accident I swear it would be international news.

bdfesq

Roller Poster
Oh no. I just got in trouble from the attorney from Six Flags. He recently sent an email telling me "to stay off the roller coaster forums. It is not appropriate for you guys to be trolling on chatgroups. If it continues, I will be forced to respond in kind."

Kind of funny. Given there is nothing wrong with asking people if they were ever injured on roller coaster, I don't think I will take his advice. In fact, given their uproar I might be on to something and might now seek to search some other forums, you never know what you can find nowadays.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
But he has a point. I don't mean to be rude but I see this as very unprofessional. If my lawyer was reduced to 'asking random people on the Internet' I'd be a bit concerned. The people here love to help you out as it's their hobby, but there must be a more appropriate channel for you to search for officially filed grievances.

Ready_23

Roller Poster
Have I missed the part where he posted his credentials? Since he dodged the question of when it happened, it just seems like he is trolling.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
bdfesq said:
Oh no. I just got in trouble from the attorney from Six Flags. He recently sent an email telling me "to stay off the roller coaster forums. It is not appropriate for you guys to be trolling on chatgroups. If it continues, I will be forced to respond in kind."

Kind of funny. Given there is nothing wrong with asking people if they were ever injured on roller coaster, I don't think I will take his advice. In fact, given their uproar I might be on to something and might now seek to search some other forums, you never know what you can find nowadays.

Hi Barry, I think it's fine as long as you don't post anything that is legally wrong. We can't support anything unsubstantiated as an accusation to park. We obviously need to cover ourselves from libel allegations.

bdfesq

Roller Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
But he has a point. I don't mean to be rude but I see this as very unprofessional. If my lawyer was reduced to 'asking random people on the Internet' I'd be a bit concerned. The people here love to help you out as it's their hobby, but there must be a more appropriate channel for you to search for officially filed grievances.

In any lawsuit there is a period called discovery. Discovery is the purpose of each side to discovery whatever information they can about the case. In conducting discovery you can use whatever tool you can to find out any relevant information. I could hire a private investigator, serve subpoenas, serve written discovery on the other side, or post questions on a internet forum.

There is nothing unethical about posting questions on an internet forum and quite frankly i would say that any good attorney worth his salt should be using the internet to discovery everything they can about their case, and yes that includes search facebook/twitter/etc about their client and the opposing parties.

We live in a new era for information and the job of any attorney is find out whatever information they can to help their case, and if that means posting on an internet forum then so be it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Basically, the views in this topic are those of each individual and not on behalf of Coasterforce.

Ben

CF Legend
Lofty said:
I'm pretty sure that the use of a random post saying "Yeah. I hurt my head too" on an online forum as 'evidentiary backup' won't stand up in a court of law.

tumblr_mm92vdaKIn1qdvu40o1_500.gif

And as for the original poster, is this guy now taking on Roller Coaster cases...

78884-better-call-saul-gif-9y8F.gif

Cause, gurl, asking on a forum if other people have hit their heads on a roller coaster...

2u4mt55.jpg

This thread just needed more GIFs.