What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

Stevie

Roller Poster
I know it’ll be a short walk but I find it weird they didn’t put it on the car park between the El Loco and the woodie to tie them all together a bit more - now they’re all a bit strung out and with the car park there almost gives the impression you’re leaving the park.
Walking to Steel Hawg already feels like you've left the park, this will be even odder

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
This is the 2nd straight year I'm making the trip out to ride this thing, I'll be there in early July, just hoping to see some sort of testing soon 🤞

ricklap77

Roller Poster
Wonder how trump would feel calling something that technically immigrated from Mexico All American..... But I digress.

This is a great ride for any park. Glad to see it still alive and well even while it's siblings gets cut into little pieces
All American!! Ride designed and built in germany! Operated in Mexico! Trains (some or parts from Mindbender in Canada)!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
If you want to be technical, it's Malaysian born, grew up as a Brit, moved to Mexico for college and then found retirement in the USA.

But 'The Well Travelled Triple Loop Coaster' doesn't have much of a ring to it, does it?
It also ran on the german fair circuit for 12 years before going to Malaysia.

Agree that the name is awful and cringe but I suppose if that's what they need to do to get it open then so be it.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I hate patriotism with a burning passion, and I still think that name slaps. I just interpret it in the most friendly way I can imagine, "so many countries had the honor of giving a home to this amazing coaster, now it's finally Americas turn".

If you are proud of your country because it gets an amazing Schwarzkopf-Looper, eh, why not. I've seen worse.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Indiana Beach is now open for the season, lots of updates coming out of the GOD BLESS AMERICA Triple Loop.

For starters, work is nearly done on the station. They're still doing some pavement work, but the building is pretty much completed minus electrical and fencing, with possibly a new control panel to boot;
345072407_1308536263402358_6392198920494260503_n.heic.jpeg
IMG_8886.jpgIMG_8885.jpg

Mindbender's trains did indeed arrive from Edmonton and are in storage behind Cornball Express. However, Gene Staples did confirm that they won't be directly used on Triple Loop. Perhaps they'll eventually get used for parts, or maybe management will put them on display. This was very much a lets get them so we have them scenario and nothing more.
IMG_5702.jpgIMG_5784.jpg

In terms of the actual trains, however, they've finally emerged into the spotlight and will soon be placed on the track. as per maintenance staff, they've been almost completely built from scratch using the original Schwarzkopf blueprints. Expect a pair of 5 car trains to be put in service;
FB_IMG_1683584898695.jpg

In some unrelated and somewhat random news, they've got a carnival pirate ship on site for no reason in particular. Indiana Beach, Niagara, and Clementon all have perfectly good swinging ships already so I suspect this is yet another lets get it so we have it scenario. Why the hell not. Just an excuse for coaster background photos in the thread.
IMG_8918.jpgIMG_8919.jpg

Overall though these are really exciting times indeed. All photos (except the train reveal) were taken by my friends OneClickGang and Thrillseekersandhellraisers on Instagram.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Not really a surprise tho? Since they're using the Mindbender trains....and those were all lead cars, it's all IN Beach is gonna have to work with, haha.
No they are not. Gene Staples explicitly confirmed that these aren’t Mindbender trains, which arrived at the park less than two weeks ago. These are in house and they’ve been working on them using old Schwarzkopf blueprints for the last two years.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
No they are not. Gene Staples explicitly confirmed that these aren’t Mindbender trains, which arrived at the park less than two weeks ago. These are in house and they’ve been working on them using old Schwarzkopf blueprints for the last two years.
How much experience does IB have with in-house built attractions/parks? I hope these trains turn out well, but I can't help but think that going to Gerstlauer or getting Mindbender's rolling stock would have been a much better option.