What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

davidm

Strata Poster
Indiana Beach!!!

Source : their website ; https://www.indianabeach.com/
November-24th-Press-Release-scaled.jpg

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
This is excellent news! I'm guessing the ride/trains will be getting somewhat refurbished due to the accident?
Yes, although I imagine there may be a second train floating around, perhaps anyway? Gerstlauer and Sunkid have made new Schwarzkopf trains and I think there may be a few original trains floating about at the moment (rumour is Mindbender is getting Revolution's trains and Alpina Bahn got new trains earlier in the year for example) so there are a few options.

I wonder how it will run compared to how it ran at la feria, it was insanely fast and forceful when I rode, but that was probably with it operating beyond the safe limits. Hopefully it won't end up too neutered with trims and brakes when it reopens.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I’ve got no idea where Indiana Beach are gonna fit this!
20201124_212324.jpg

20201124_212320.jpg

Here's two potential spots for Quimera in Indiana Beach.
Adding my thoughts to this, I'm thrilled that the ride isn't being scrapped, and even more thrilled that it's being relocated just 11 hours' drive from me. I'm definitely going to plan a visit to Indiana Beach now that this is coming, not that the coasters already there weren't reason enough; this just seals the deal for me. Mindbender at Galaxyland is in my top 5, and this coaster looks just as good if not even better than that.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Mindbender at Galaxyland is in my top 5, and this coaster looks just as good if not even better than that.

I think it'll heavily depend on how they operate it. When I rode it at La Feria, it clearly was not operated in its intended manner. Block brakes were turned off and booster wheels were all turned on. It was the most intense coaster experience of my life. Parts of the ride were violent.

So, I'm curious to see how it rides if it is braked correctly. Based on my experiences, I've always ranked Mindbender slightly higher. While it wasn't as intense as Quimera, it was less brutal and didn't require so much defensive riding.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So excited I get to contemplate another year on if I should drive the 4+ hours to Indiana Beach for a credit run!
I'd wait another year if I were you. ;)

It's a good addition to the park. I'm amazed the la Feria showman managed to sell it to be honest. They also sold the other schwartzkopf too but that wasn't in a major accident recently. Now if the people who own thriller could sell that on somewhere that would be great.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I wonder how it will run compared to how it ran at la feria, it was insanely fast and forceful when I rode, but that was probably with it operating beyond the safe limits. Hopefully it won't end up too neutered with trims and brakes when it reopens.
This. I loved it at Flamingoland and was worried that, years later and with way more coasters done, I'd be disappointed doing it again. It was actually more forceful in Mexico though, but felt decidedly sketchy for reasons which became clear not long after. If they get it running to the old Flamingoland spec, it'll still be excellent, though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
Wow. Well, I can't wait to get back. Cornball alone is a good time. I'm happy for the park- and I hope they go above and beyond with the refurb. New trains, like on Sooperdooperlooper seem warranted based on the history.

I'd really like it to not be in that gravel parking lot next to Steel Hawg. That said, this feels like an early Christmas gift, and I'm just looking forward to returning. Put it in the parking lot, put it anywhere- well done Indiana Beach. This place has so much potential, and I really feel like the new ownership has their heart in it.