What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

Hutch

Strata Poster
Wonder if they got the coasters as a package deal
Must've been a "buy one get one free." :p

But for real, it is cool to see Indiana Beach pick up a couple of Schwarzkopfs. Obviously not the best rides these days, but I haven't done one I disliked so I'd rather see them stick around rather than hit the dumpster.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Perhaps it'a time to change the title of this thread or separate them - as it keeps appearing that another accident has happened or that it was recent etc, and therefore a little misleading in terms of news and relevant discussion.

Last edited:

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
Combined with their existing Jet Star, the park will surely become the World's best collection of Schwarzkopfs.
if IB gets both the the old shuttle loop (rumored) along with drier looping (confirmed), then yes, combined with their existing jet star, they will have the best collection of schwarzkopfs on the planet, hands down. hell, if they decided to go after an old wildcat for some silly reason, they'd have damn near the whole catalogue.

the only other contenders with multiple schwarzkopfs are:

- nagashima spaland - a shuttle loop and a looping star

- selva magica - the lone example of the portable shuttle loop model and a jumbo jet (currently SBNO according to RCDB)

- lagoon - a double loop and a jet star 2

i can't believe that one of the greatest schwarzkopfs of all time is about to be resurrected for its 4th or 5th life at an amusement park just 2 hours south of me.

i never saw that coming in a million years!

and i have so many fond childhood memories of riding tidal wave at SFGAm back in the 80s, if IB gets the shuttle loop in addition to drier looping, then holy gravy on top of gravy, batman!!!

Last edited:

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Great news. If they end up with one or even both coasters I have to finally visit. On my 2015 tour IB was one of only two parks I had to skip due to thunderstorms.

Didn't they also plan to add a Gerstlauer Monster? Also based on a Schwarzkopf design... :D

I'd think that a Shuttle Loop would be the more demanding project. Technically of course but also they would need the space to place it.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I thought they had sent Dreier Looping track pieces over to Germany for an extensive refurb before sending them to Indiana Beach.

Do you reckon they'll run its original trains or will they get new ones from Gerstlauer?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I thought they had sent Dreier Looping track pieces over to Germany for an extensive refurb before sending them to Indiana Beach.

Do you reckon they'll run its original trains or will they get new ones from Gerstlauer?
I imagine the lift pieces don't need any work because they don't experience much force, it'll probably be the main portion of the layout that gets refurbished.

Peet

Giga Poster
Curious that the train involved in the accident is still on the track even as the coaster is being dismantled. Wonder if it's for legal reasons.
That does look odd, I'd guess it's just easier to dismantle the track around it then remove it rather than pulling it through the whole layout or dismantling all the wheel assemblies to allow it to be lifted off. The fact that it's damaged may have something to do with it too.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Really hope they get new trains. You could of course refurb the old but this is more complex in this case as these trains have added restraints that are not part of the original design plus the coaster is always threatened by downtime. If they invest sending it to Germany why not get a pair of new trains? :D

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Really hope they get new trains. You could of course refurb the old but this is more complex in this case as these trains have added restraints that are not part of the original design plus the coaster is always threatened by downtime. If they invest sending it to Germany why not get a pair of new trains? :D
New train's would be nice but I do wonder how much extra 2 trains would add in terms of cost, there's something charming about the older train's (Olympia Style trains not included)

VonRolland

Hyper Poster

Indy

Hyper Poster
Honest question, will this end up being the best Schwarzkopf of all in North America? Besting Shockwave at SFOT, mind bender at SFOG and Edmonton, and colossus at Lagoon?...
I've experienced all of the coasters in question and I don't believe so. Half of what made Quimera incredible was the absolute insane intensity that was a product of the ride not being operated appropriately. It'll certainly be toned down at IB simply because the block brakes will function correctly, so it won't have the same intensity as it did at La Feria. That could potentially be a good thing because certain portions of the ride were rather brutal. Also, It could definitely go a long way if IB decides to get new trains without OTSRs as some of the transitions aren't perfect and provided some nice shots to the jaw.

With that said, Mindbender at WEM is an absolute monster. I considered it to be slightly better than Quimera and imagine it will continue to hold that position.

Last edited: