What's new

Indiana Beach Closes alongside other Apex parks (or maybe not!)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
If they're going through liquidation, this park would've been put on for a relative 'steal' to be fair.
Plus the three-million-dollar sweetener put up by the county. I’m just glad the “cooperation” with local government and now liquidation have forced Apex to be a little more transparent with other agencies, because I never trusted their pat assurance that they’d done everything to find a buyer; it always seemed as if they needed a public line to give before they looked to unload the park in pieces for a quick buck.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I marathoned it in 2018 and had a blast. You are sorely mistaken, sir.
I mean I did the same thing in 2017. The initial run out was good and the return run was a strong finish, but everything in between lacked substance. There wasn't much airtime and the turns and valleys in the middle of the ride are relatively high so the pacing slows. There wasn't even much in terms of lateral Gs in the ride's figure-8. I guess it's possible that I visited on an off day, but from my experience it felt like a middle of the pack CCI.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I mean I did the same thing in 2017. The initial run out was good and the return run was a strong finish, but everything in between lacked substance. There wasn't much airtime and the turns and valleys in the middle of the ride are relatively high so the pacing slows. There wasn't even much in terms of lateral Gs in the ride's figure-8. I guess it's possible that I visited on an off day, but from my experience it felt like a middle of the pack CCI.
I got pops of airtime galore and wild laterals. The only slight negative was the most violent sudden stop on the final brake run I’d ever experienced. Yeah, I loved Silver Comet.

At any rate, let us not speak ill of the dead. ??

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean, I got spited by it in 2018 'cos it was drizzling and they decided not to bother opening the park, so... **** it. ;)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
News article regarding Fantasy Island

A couple of notable quotes:

"“I am upset Apex made this decision without consulting town officials first. We may have been able to help them,” explained Whitney, who knew the park had been deteriorating the past couple of seasons."

"Every attraction but the Silver Comet and a water park have been sold. The iconic Ferris Wheel, which sits adjacent to Interstate 190, will be disassembled and transported its new owner in Italy."

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Update on Fantasy Island, not quite was I was expecting!

Apparently the group "Empire Adventures Inc" are looking to buy or least the park to reopen it.

The group has a Facebook page and it's very reminiscent of the Indiana Beach takeover with the group asking for people to "give them a chance" and that they're going to try their best.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That'll be tough for them considering that essentially all of the rides save for Silver Comet have been removed. They would have to more or less hit the reset button, which would actually be a good thing for Fantasy Island.