What's new

Indiana Beach Closes alongside other Apex parks (or maybe not!)

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow, this wasn't a nice surprise! I must admit that this came massively out of nowhere, and it's particularly sad seeing as Indiana Beach has operated for nearly a century and some of the rides looked pretty fun and unique!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Parks like these are typically loved for their uniqueness and quirkiness. Indiana Beach was certainly that, and it's a bummer that an already rare group of parks is just getting more exclusive. The only bright side I can see in all of this is that Indiana Beach's management and operations really went downhill since the family sold the park.

While it's likely that the salvageable rides will be relocated and the park never reopens, I could totally see a campaign to save the park and an investor coming in and snatching it up. There certainly seems to be that catalyst that could lead to a potential buyout. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
A lot of people putting a lot of hope in that one tenuous point of connection from FunSpot there. It’s understandable, as I too would love some hope to cling to.

But apparently the city and county are stepping in now to try to “help” Apex find a buyer, which Apex says they want as well.

Personally, I’m very dubious of Apex’s motives given the way this has unfolded. Think they’re only interested in a quick buck, not the community.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Just heard from a totally unreliable source, someone I don’t know personally who’s claiming to be an IB employee, who says that his boss just informed him that the park has been sold. He said he screamed for joy at the news.

This is totally unconfirmed and may be nonsense. If people think I shouldn’t bother mentioning unconfirmed sources, I’ll apologize and delete.

Peet

Giga Poster
Just heard from a totally unreliable source, someone I don’t know personally who’s claiming to be an IB employee, who says that his boss just informed him that the park has been sold. He said he screamed for joy at the news.

This is totally unconfirmed and may be nonsense. If people think I shouldn’t bother mentioning unconfirmed sources, I’ll apologize and delete.
Properly phrased like this it's fine, it's when people say they know things but won't say how or why that it's annoying!

Hope this one is true, it looks like such a unique little park.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I keep seeing more and more posts highlighting people who claim that they're trying to buy the park. We'll see what happens, but a reopening looks promising. There's quite a tightly knit community in that region of the country so I'm not surprised to see them rally together to find a buyer.

Fantasy Island, on the other hand, likely won't be so lucky. It's kind of in a dead zone with nowhere near the same notoriety in the community's eyes.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I am not overly convinced the apex group were too effective trying to sell the parks before announcing closure. I mean where have all these apparent potential buyers suddenly appeared from.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I think it's a matter of the closure being a wake up call to certain people. Potential buyers may have been there all along, but now that they're realizing that the park could be gone, they're much more seriously considering a purchase. Nostalgia is a powerful thing, and many people are likely realizing that they took the park for granted.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team